Strange maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange maps?

Going through maps to check tile counts for various settings I ran into this map. Easily the largest inland sea with a possible canal enterance I have seen.

Settings: Huge/Warm/Wet/Pangaea/60% Water.

Any other strange or interesting maps the random map generator has spit out?
    Attached Files

wow, will be interesting to play a game on that map.. post the actual file plz

Comment

Sorry, didn't keep the save. Was just running through dozens of maps with multi.sav and Chiefpaco's MapStat just to see if any of the settings (other than water level and map size of course) made a noticeable difference in number of overall tiles. It was on Deity with the Americans, didn't think anyone would be interested in actually playing it.

Comment

That's interesting.

Empire, which was a military-only precursor to Civ, had navigable rivers. IIRC, one of the map choices was predominantly land, but with lots of rivers. This made naval strategies key.

This kind of lagoon map does the same thing. Obviously archipelago does too, but I don't like small landmasses.

R
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yea, Mike from FIRAXIS made that map. You can get it on www.firaxis.com I' pretty sure.

SPec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

That's not the map that I made (though it's similar). I believe Aeson said that he randomly generated the map.
            Mike Breitkreutz
            Programmer
            FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Working...
            X