No announcement yet.

Do you change the ingame music of Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you change the ingame music of Civ3?

The ingame music of Civ 3 can be at times annoying, or inappropriate (at least in the Industrial and Modern eras anyway), and so the easy solution to this is to change it.

How many of you like to change your ingame music? (and to what?) And how many actually don't care?
    Yes
    31.71%
    No
    41.46%
    :confused:I would, but I don't know how!
    26.83%
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

I actually like most of the music...if it's something that's bad I'll usually tune it out, so there's no need for me to do it.

Comment

Some nice Classical

It may just be me but I play better while listening to some modern classical.
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
      - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

i was planning something extravagant for my 100th post... but this will suffice

i dont listen to my Civ3 music anymore... ever since about when 1.16 came out, ive just shut the music off on...well, most of my games, and listened to CD's and the radio

woo! warlord!
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yes I change it.

I change it to OFF.

Mostly I have the television on at the same time. The History Channel is a good choice to go with the game. Have the Laker game on at the moment.

Comment

Off. I usually have a CD playing in the background (no, not the Civ3 CD ).
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Occasionally, I play something else if I get tired of the game music, but usually it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Music

Most of the tunes aren't as bad as Civ II, but It annoys me that I have to have the CIV III disc in the drive. With Civ II, I'd start the game with a music CD in and listen to most of those tunes instead of the continual thump-thump.
                Lude Fortier, Lude Juste, Nemini Damnum!

Comment

Theodrik, go to gamecopyworld.com and you can get the hacked exe for Civ3 so you don't have to have the game in the CD Rom at any point in time. *You must have winace in order to exract the file, jus to let you know.

To the question, I almost never listen to the in-game music. I typically use winamp or listen to a CD. The bands that I have listend to most while playing Civ3 have been Metallica, Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, and Puddle of Mudd. Also, cheers to JEW (a local Arizona band) For me a lot of bands reprsent the game I was playing while listening to the music, such as Linkin Park represents EU. So whenever I hear Linkin Park I typically think of EU.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I find that winamp has a much better selection of songs that suit my taste...

@ TechWins

Thats similar to me, most games I remember based on the songs I continuously played at the time. I hear a song on the radio, and suddenly I'm playing that game in my head again, even if the last time I played that game was over a decade ago (I started early).
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What like Rammstein - Du Hast = Hexen II.

Damn, I sold both of those CDs .
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I think the ingame music is really nice, and I never change it. However, it could get a little annoying when you hear the same tune for the 100th time in a game...
                        Speaking about music, one melody that I really miss is the intro to the first Civ! You know, the panning through space and finally the great title "Sid Meier's Civilization" comes up with the classic "ta-da-da" melody at loud volume! I'd hope someone could piff up that old melody a little bit, cause I think that intro was much better than both the one in Civ II and Civ III. Any comments?

Comment

I use winamp to play it, but i added the music from Civ2, TOT Imperialism, AOE, and others...

Btw i want to make a request, i lost my "Civ2 Scenarios" CD (an old expansion pack) and i don´t remember if it´s music was different from Civ2, if it is, can somebody please send me a big zip (with the music only) via ICQ or post it somewhere? Thanks.
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I turn the music off and turn winamp on. Because I have Windows2000 I can get both sounds at the same time. And that with any program. Nothing beats playin CS with heavy metal, imo.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

i find the civ3 music good on ancient, medieval boring but ok, industrial good, but the modern is the most cheesy rubbishi have heard
                              i prefer civ 2 music to be honest, but i leant the cd to someone who has lost it and i have unistalled the game
                              Just my 2p.
                              Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                              Which shows you learn something every day.
                              formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X