Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is the 'f' for after the Patch #? I want a G! Firaxis doesn't listen to the fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is the 'f' for after the Patch #? I want a G! Firaxis doesn't listen to the fans!

Why the **** does every goddamn patch have an F after it? I want a G, or a K! Why can't we have that? Because Firaxis is too ****ing stupid to listen to the fans! They don't care about us! Plus my Modern Armors have lost to warriors nearly once in only 40 hours of play! I demand this issue be resolved in 1.23g
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: WTF is the 'f' for after the Patch #? I want a G! Firaxis doesn't listen to the fans!

This is the best post in Civ3 General ever.

Comment

....good one...

Comment

screw the "g", i want the Z as in final.

Comment

I think 'F' in the patch means the same thing it does in WTF

Comment

The 'f' probably means "final"... It makes sense in a twisted sort of way, although I still haven't managed to wrap my mind around the fact that there's 10 Final Fantasies. Yes...

Maybe they should make it 1.21p, p for patch. Or better yet, just drop the letter :P.
              "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Yes, why is the letter there at all?
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

At least your thread is being understood for what it is.

The Rook was not so lucky.

B for Beta.
                  F for Final.
                  G will be for Great. The last one.
                  Unless they use S. As in Scr*w this, we can't never make nobody happy. As in CTP 2.01s
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

IIRC the Mac versions have a 'g' as last letter. So go buy a Mac.

Comment

Didn't Ming just close a similar thread?
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes. However, it was received as serious, not parody (which I thought it was).

This may still get locked though. If it goes nasty. Or not.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                          Yes. However, it was received as serious, not parody (which I thought it was).

This may still get locked though. If it goes nasty. Or not.
                          Well then, I better post while I still can!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                            IIRC the Mac versions have a 'g' as last letter. So go buy a Mac.
                            You mean Firaxis is going to force me to buy another version of the game to get what I want?
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Welcome to the world of those of us who bought Civ II v2.42...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X