Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man I Wasted 5 Months Of My Life On This Stupid Game!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I Wasted 5 Months Of My Life On This Stupid Game!

Every day for five months, I would come home and post and read on apolyton in anticipation of civ3. I reserved it 4 times at my local babbages. I paid an outrageous $60 for the Crap Limited Edition. I defended the game makers endlessly through the hard-driving complaints of many naysayers in the 3 months preceding the release, and even for a couple weeks after the release. I thought I would be playing this game for months, if not years, as I had with civ2. In my defenses, I would come up with reason upon reason why the game was good. However, I never really "felt it" (shut up) with the game, and in the back of my mind ever since the day I opened up the box, there was the feeling of dread that I had simply wasted the last half of a year. (How do you think I became a king?) Now? 6 months later? I havent played the game in 5 months and I am just now realizing how stupid I was in trying to defend Firaxis. I never really liked this game. I have had much more fun with Starcraft, for which I paid 1/6th of the price, and never spent any time giving suggestions or asking questions. YOUVE WASTED MY PRECIOUS YOUTH, FIRAXIS, AND I WILL NEVER FORGET IT! I HATE YOU!
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Man, I wasted 30 seconds reading that unoriginal rant.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

[Insert CivII Civil Disorder Sound here]

Yadadadaya

Heard it all before.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

unoriginal? heard it all before? really? you hear old hardline defenders of firaxians turn around completely after realizing that they were in denial for a month?
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Nope, never seen it, not me, never.

Where's Lib?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

hmm
            and u jus wasted 10 more minutes of yer life writin that..
            heh

Comment

Yeah, I went from being a Civ3 Fan to a Civ3 Thrashingman.

Comment

Is there a rule that everything has to be 100% original? If so I believe a guy named Seinfeld said "Yadadadaya" first.

Comment

Yes Grrr!!

But you are going to try it again after patching aren't you? And you hope they make it right, don't you?

There's a difference between hopeful pessimism and no hope at all.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Of course, but that would be like winning the lottery.

Comment

Is there a rule that everything has to be 100% original? If so I believe a guy named Seinfeld said "Yadadadaya" first.

I don't watch Seinfeld. However Yadadadaya is a textual version of the CivII civil disorder sound.

Comment

Look on the bright side. You got to be a King. And Civ3 has kept you wrapped up in the wonderful world of Apolyton.

The story ain't over yet - you bet there'll be more patches.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

1) 6 months is not your entire youth
                          2) everyone that participates in any forum gets exactly that no matter his mood: the value of participation, the feeling of being part of a community. if someone keeps on participating in something despite continuously feeling bad about it, then he's probably a masochist
                          3) we havent done anything wrong in our lives to deserve to read the rants of a masochist
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                          X