Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ne1 placed units so that they always knew what was going on the map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has ne1 placed units so that they always knew what was going on the map?

I thought it might be kinda cool to strategically place AEGIS Cruisers in water, and have whatever ground unit has the biggest range all over the map, maybe with a perpetual Right of Passage agreement (renegotiations, of course)...has n e one done this?

Yes one time but never again cause every time the AI plays you have to see his moves. Very very long and annoying imo.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
      Yes one time but never again cause every time the AI plays you have to see his moves. Very very long and annoying imo.

Spec.
      Not unless you disable "Show Enemy moves" animation.

The good thing about setting up little "outpost" composed of single units all over the place is to have an early warning system. I use this tactic quite effectively during both war and peacetime.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Good god man, are you insane? Fog of War is there to protect your machine from spending hours on each turn. I only care about units attacking my interests.
        "Our lives are frittered away by detail....simplify, simplify."

Comment

oh yeah, forgot about the lag factor. well, maybe aegis cruisers surrounding those first-founded cities to see whats coming; (nuclear) sub?

Comment

I don't worry about naval intelligence too much, but try to keep Scouts in AI territory. I turn off all animations and friend moves and just compare where AI units end up next turn. It's most useful before railroads show up of course. I can see a sneak attack coming several turns before it happens in many cases (pre-railroad). I have to keep a look out, because I rarely garrison my cities with any units, relying on at least a few turns warning to reposition my 'defense' of the most mobile attack troops available.

Comment

Working...
            X