Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any Apolytoner bought Civ III: Collectors Edition yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any Apolytoner bought Civ III: Collectors Edition yet?

What I'm speaking of is the Dark Edition spoken of in the news.

It shall contain, over the game, an exclusive T-Shirt, a Unique Poster, postcard(s?) "the making of"-movie, an invention chart, a special disc with pictures, wallpapers, screen savers and so on, keyboard template(?) and finally an exclusive movie on which Sid Meier is elected to IDSA Hall of Fame.

(Rough translation from Swedish)

It will be sold unsigned from tomorrow in all Tradition shops.

A note to the name:
    On Tradition's webpage it is named 'Civilization 3 Special Edition'
    and on Swedish PCGamer is it named Civ III: Collectors Edition
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

After buying the "Limited Edition"... I think I will wait for people to report what REALLY comes with it before I consider to buy it

Keep on Civin'
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow, that sounds like all the stuff that should have come in the limited edition i forked over $60 for...

Comment

Does it have a functional scenario editor?!?!?! Now *that* might be worth collecting.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Originally posted by dr.charm
          Does it have a functional scenario editor?!?!?! Now *that* might be worth collecting.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm
          Probably not,
          I guess it's the same game, but I couldn't make it to Stockholm, and I'll wait before I decide if I shall buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            After buying the "Limited Edition"... I think I will wait for people to report what REALLY comes with it before I consider to buy it
            Why do you think I asked?

Comment

me? bitter? nah...

Originally posted by Gramphos
              What I'm speaking of is the Dark Edition spoken of in the news.

It shall contain, over the game, an exclusive T-Shirt, a Unique Poster, postcard(s?) "the making of"-movie, an invention chart, a special disc with pictures, wallpapers, screen savers and so on, keyboard template(?) and finally an exclusive movie on which Sid Meier is elected to IDSA Hall of Fame.
              i've no interest in a rag, a used napkin, 2 blank 3x5 cards, a short video clip about Sid and his dog, another used napkin, a special disk with pictures, wall papers, screensavers of Sid's dog, whatever crap a keyboard template is, and video of Sid being elected to the Infogreed Dollar-Stealer Association's Hall of Fame.

no matter how nice the tin looks
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'm not even sure if this version is in tin. That's one of the things I'm trying to find out, and what the template is I have no clue, all I know is that the Swedish word mall is template, and that tangentbord is keyboard. I've no clue of what it is.

Comment

A keyboard template is a cardboard thing that you put over your keyboard that indicates the hot-keys. Whoooo!!

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Please! I was already sucked into buying 2 copies of Limited Edition, I will not be swayed by the glitter and hype of yet another ruse to buy the same game in a "prettier" package.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

About the only good thing I got from the LE was a tin to hold my stash...

Dave
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
                        About the only good thing I got from the LE was a tin to hold my stash...
                        Dave
                        Hmmm... good idea.
                        Thanks!
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                          Please! I was already sucked into buying 2 copies of Limited Edition, I will not be swayed by the glitter and hype of yet another ruse to buy the same game in a "prettier" package.
                          you too

I thought I was the only one

I ended up giving it away to a freind (the second LE one)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I stay away from special editions. They are nothing more then a flashy box and ~$15 extra that floats out of your pocket.
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Why would anybody buy two copies of the game? Let alone the limited edition? After the first one wouldn't you realize that the only thing it limited was the money in your wallet?

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X