Collapse during Communism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd give a quick update on what is happening in my current game.

When we last left I (Persia) was at war with the English and the Aztecs. I made peace with the English as I had punched them enough. It's been 20 turns since the war ended with them and they are still in communism. They're slowly regaining population but I must assume the people are all mad about being whipped.

The war with the Aztecs (the largest and strongest civ in my game) ended in stalemate. Just couldn't crack their defences. Peace was declared and I've been steadily building up my army. However my only source of aluminum ran out and now I look greedily at the Aztecs 3 sources of aluminum............
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachriel

They should probably put some limit on drafting, but Russia not only survived the mass pop-rushing, but went on to defeat Germany in WWII (with allied help).

Gamewise, pop-rushing a lost city is not a terribly bad idea, a sour-grapes strategy, though it is a strategy I would not normally adopt.
      I never denied that they did not accomplish amazing things since the USSR was 'founded'. They did many horrible things and they did things which were nothing more than great acomplishments. I mean afterall they became an' Equal superpower to rival the United states, they also formed a huge industrial base to back it all up with.

Anyway At the advent of Nationalism into Civ3, the AI drafts all it can from every city per turn, once they Get Communism they can draft (3?) instead of (1) so you'd notice the effects MUCH more quickly. I believe you'd notice the same collapse under Facist governments as well (If you had a mod which added a Facist government, they were not included with the released version were they?)

These again are just my own thoughts.

Chaing
      You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
        Hi folks,

Just thought I'd give a quick update on what is happening in my current game.

When we last left I (Persia) was at war with the English and the Aztecs. I made peace with the English as I had punched them enough. It's been 20 turns since the war ended with them and they are still in communism. They're slowly regaining population but I must assume the people are all mad about being whipped.

The war with the Aztecs (the largest and strongest civ in my game) ended in stalemate. Just couldn't crack their defences. Peace was declared and I've been steadily building up my army. However my only source of aluminum ran out and now I look greedily at the Aztecs 3 sources of aluminum............
        I think the AI only will draft when they are at WAR with another Civ.. are the English currently fighting anyone else? I dont think you were seeing them rushing military units through forced labor but instead through the 'draft'.

Chaing
        You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaingKaiShek

I think the AI only will draft when they are at WAR with another Civ.. are the English currently fighting anyone else? I dont think you were seeing them rushing military units through forced labor but instead through the 'draft'.

Chaing
          Actually the world is at peace in my game. There are only four civs left year 1962. Me (Persians), English, Aztecs, and Iroquois. I have a spy in England and I can see their army size. They don't have much, about 30 units. Most of their strength is in longbowman and cavalry. The rest of the world is churning out tanks and jet fighters. I've made an MPP with the Iroquois and I've decided to try to start another war with the Aztecs because I need their aluminum!

Getting back to the communism thing. Englands land is still heavily improved despite the war. I wonder why they don't switch out of communism? My guess is that since the majority of their cities are still at size 1 they are staying put in communism.

Comment

Actually.. The english stay as in Communism because the mighty SID has told them that Being Communists is what they like best.

Chaing

Comment

Comment

Hmmm, When I veiw The English in the editor Infogames provided, it's showing Democracy as England's favorite government. I have paid much attention to England, my games tend to be open war with Germany and Culture war with Egypt. Would most of you agree England takes Communism when avalible?

Comment

Originally posted by CantRemPWs
                  How do I message a moderator so they can ban this kid from posting?
                  Just use the Ignore feature in your Control Panel. Works for me. If no one bothers replying to them, they usually go away and find some other place to spout off.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                    Just use the Ignore feature in your Control Panel. Works for me. If no one bothers replying to them, they usually go away and find some other place to spout off.
                    A PM to the mods work real well too
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have never intentionally insulted anyone, anything I post is just teasing. Hopefully none will be offended.

Comment

Unfortunately, many are offended jt.

sOK. Some of us know that you are the President of the SidMeier fan club in your other identity.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: Collapse during Communism

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                          Ever since 1.17f the AI basically collapses during communist government.
                          Try lowering draft & pop rush penalities to 20 (use the editor).

I think that would fix the problem.

Comment

Re: Re: Collapse during Communism

Originally posted by player1

Try lowering draft & pop rush penalities to 20 (use the editor).

I think that would fix the problem.
                            Interesting, I didn't think of this. I guess I've learned to take advantage of the AI during communism. Maybe I should make some changes in the editor before the next patch to make the game somewhat challenging.

BTW I managed to kill off england. That left the Iroquois and the Aztecs left. By the time England fell however it was 2029. I was in second place score wise and lost the game to the Aztecs. They were just too big! Now that I have seen firsthand what communism does to the AI I think I'll do better the next game!

Comment

Working...
                            X