Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just way to crowded...

"It's just way to crowded..."

what exactly does that mean... why are they unhappy?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

It means they are unhappy because they are the low man on the totem pole. They are the unemployed, poorer people who see all the other wealthy people, etc.

It's too crowded because I can't find work. That's why.

Comment

Re: It's just way to crowded...

Originally posted by UberKruX
      "It's just way to crowded..."

what exactly does that mean... why are they unhappy?
      After your city reaches a certain size (based on difficulty level), new citizens are "born" unhappy (instead of content). If they are unhappy for no other reason (war weariness, draft, etc.), this is the message that will be displayed.
      Mike Breitkreutz
      Programmer
      FIRAXIS Games

Comment

does empire size affect unhappiness? because it was a size 3 city on Monarch (Despotism) with 2 units inside.

EDIT:

on a side note i'm suprised there's actually a Firaxian who hasn't ignored me
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

does empire size affect unhappiness? because it was a size 3 city on Monarch (Despotism) with 2 units inside.
          Well, on Monarch, only the first two citizens are content, so your third citizen should be unhappy...

on a side note i'm suprised there's actually a Firaxian who hasn't ignored me
          My ignore list is quite small (only 2 people). You'd have to work pretty hard to get on my ignore list....
          Mike Breitkreutz
          Programmer
          FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Hey Mike.

How's development going?

Tora, Tora, Tora.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Impressive poetry, but doesnt it have too many syllables to be a limerick?
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Impressive poetry, but doesnt it have too many syllables to be a limerick?
                Too few. Too many to be a haiku.

(okay my real reason for posting here is to annoy Mike with my sig)
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No, except by increasing corruption which lowers luxury as well as science and commerce.

On Monarch level and under despotism a city of size 3 (or 4) with two military units should normally have no happiness problems. Maybe the city rushbuilt something? Especially with the newest patch this has a profound negative impact on happiness.
                  A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                  Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                  X