What the heck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck!

Playing on Monarch level with the latest patch. It's still early in the game (around 300 BCE). All of sudden, for no apparent reason, there is total anarchy in my capital city (Berlin). The city is size two. There is one military unit garrisoned in it. There are two luxuries (ivory & incense) coming into the city. I ended all my wars. I rush built a temple. I had workers join the city, trying to put some new blood into the population. Nothing I did could quiet them down. The only way to get some peace was to convert everyone into entertainers. None of my other cities were revolting at the time.

Finally I disbanded Berlin and built a new city in its place. This new city had no problems at all.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this before?
    "Terminate, with extreme prejudice"

Did you pop rush the temple and other improvments? Then there's your problem. Peeps get unhappy when you pop rush.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I popped rushed the temple after they were ticked off. Before that I didn't pop rush anything.

Comment

Do the built settlers and workers carry unhappiness of the cities where they were formed? I remember having heard something like that after 1.17f. If this is true, the answer might be, that they are captured workers from some AI city (the AI loves poprushing) or the unhappy result of a razed city.

Comment

click on hte unhappy citizens and they tell you wha tis making them unhappy
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The angry population says that they "can't forget my cruel oppression." That may be post rush fall out, or it may be something else. Don't know what the unhappy messages correlate to.

If Sir Ralph is right, and workers carry unhappiness, that may be the cause. I think I had a worker from a captured enemy city join Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by PresidentMike
              The angry population says that they "can't forget my cruel oppression." That may be post rush fall out, or it may be something else.
              I can't be something else, it IS because of pop-rush. 100% sure.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Spot on, if you get captured workers to join your city they keep their identitiy and remeber being opressed
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Also unhappiness doesn't disappear when you disband a city (built or conquered), but rather transfers to a nearby city. Therefore the rushing may not have been carried out in the city you are experiencing trouble with.

Comment

Working...
                  X