Now I'm Just Mad! '1.17 Wound'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spectator
    You know, the AI can gt leaders to...Maybe he hurried the GW...or is it easier to say it cheats....
    Whether the AI built the wonder with a GL or by increasing its production is irrelevant! It had to know when I would finish my wonder in order to beat me to it by two turns (twice) leaving me with a boatload of wasted production!

THATS A CHEAT!

This is not the first thread to mention this problem. The AI building a wonder 1 or two turns before the human player happens too often to be a coincidence.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Whether the AI built the wonder with a GL or by increasing its production is irrelevant! It had to know when I would finish my wonder in order to beat me to it by two turns (twice) leaving me with a boatload of wasted production!

THATS A CHEAT!

This is not the first thread to mention this problem. The AI building a wonder 1 or two turns before the human player happens too often to be a coincidence.
      LOL, did you know about the F8 key? It tells you what wonder is being built and where. So you can find out also. And if you build embassies, investigate the city. Nothing easier newbie.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Just to add my five cents : the AI get leaders, and they DOES use them to build wonders. I remember being beaten by one turn by a AI on the construction of Sun Tzu. It was built since I got Feudalism in my most ressource-rich city, and I got Feudalism first, so I wondered what happened. I then reloaded to see how the AI could beat me, I put a unit in its territory, and I saw a stack of units coming back to its capital (the one they were building Sun Tzu in). And there was, guess what ? Yes, a GL in the stack
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

THATS A CHEAT!
          I play "goal oriented" Civ, such as the completion of a wonder. That means I usually call it quits if I fail to meet my goal. When I have already lost a game, I will often reload the game to see if I could have done better. In the case of a wonder, I note the date the AI completed the wonder. If I replay the game from a previous point, I can often complete the wonder sooner; for instance, by rearranging the workers to emphasize shields, or by adding workers to the city to increase the number of workers.

The result is that if I can complete the wonder by the "due date," then I beat the AI. There is no cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator

LOL, did you know about the F8 key? It tells you what wonder is being built and where. So you can find out also. And if you build embassies, investigate the city. Nothing easier newbie.

Spec.
            As a matter of fact I dont use the F8 Key. What for? I usually dont care to know what wonders are in what cities. If it allows the AI and human players to have access to info they shouldnt have its not a cheat. Its just an error. As for the embassies, they give info at the time of founding. How is it you're getting info after that time (before espionage).

As for being a newbie, figure this out, SIUYA!
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

I've got an AI great leader trapped by a bunch of workers right now. Since, the leader has no attack, they cant do a thing about it. and now no more leaders for them.

Comment

Using Spies

I have confirmed the use of a GL by the AI to rush a wonder. I was beat by 9 turns to the construction of the Cure for Cancer by Japan. They did not have genetics until 2 turns before they built the cure. When it happened, I checked with my military advisor and saw that the Japanese had a GL the turn before and not one after building the cure.

If anybody playing Civ3 does not use the F keys to find out what the other civs are up to, they are just asking to lose. The only part of espionage that works for me is being able to check on how many of each unit a civ has via the F3 key.
                "Our lives are frittered away by detail....simplify, simplify."

Comment

Originally posted by PatLasch
                  I've got an AI great leader trapped by a bunch of workers right now. Since, the leader has no attack, they cant do a thing about it. and now no more leaders for them.
                  Brilliant!!!!

Napoleon at Elba, better make that St. Helena.

Comment

Re: Using Spies

Originally posted by Deornwulf
                    If anybody playing Civ3 does not use the F keys to find out what the other civs are up to, they are just asking to lose. The only part of espionage that works for me is being able to check on how many of each unit a civ has via the F3 key.
                    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I dont bother to check on what the AI is up to with the F keys other than to occasionally find out who the top civ is. As I said before, if the wonder info is available to everyone its not a cheat but it doesnt make sense to me to know what wonders are being built in cities or civs I havent even had contact with. It makes some sense to be able to get such info after espionage (which I dont bother with either) but not before.

As for winning and losing without the F keys. I play monarch and emperor and win almost all the time (which is why I'm waiting for multiplayer).

Comment

SIUYA: Shove it up your a$$. Impressive, you can swear. You must be an old-timer.

Using GLs to build a wonder is not a cheat. It makes sense. If I am building a wonder, and I have a GL, I will check to see if anyone else is building the wonder, and if I have embassies, I will check to see how far along they are. If they might finish it soon, then I rush it. If I don't have a leader, then I just hope for the best.

BTW: If you have an intelligence agency, you can determine if the AI has any leaders.

Steele
                      If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Originally posted by PatLasch
                        How does this stop more GLs? I rarely get GLs but once as the Greeks, I got 2 on one turn and 1 the next. Only 2 of them survived getting back to a city tho as the Egyptians thru a horde of chariots at me

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                          SIUYA: Shove it up your a$$. Impressive, you can swear. You must be an old-timer.

Using GLs to build a wonder is not a cheat. It makes sense. If I am building a wonder, and I have a GL, I will check to see if anyone else is building the wonder, and if I have embassies, I will check to see how far along they are. If they might finish it soon, then I rush it. If I don't have a leader, then I just hope for the best.

BTW: If you have an intelligence agency, you can determine if the AI has any leaders.

Steele
                          I dont believe anybody said building a wonder with a GL is a cheat. I certainly didnt.

What I said was that the AI's ability to know when you're building a wonder is a cheat. I then recanted that statement based upon the post stating that I too can know who's building what wonders simply by using the F8 key. If all players can know who's building a wonder, its not a cheat.

I did suggest that such knowledge is a mistake with respect to gameplay. If I cant know what units or buildings other civs are creating why should I be able to determine whether its building a wonder? I didnt expect to be able to do so and I didnt bother to check.

As for my ability to swear. In three languages. I started at a young age though and improved my skills while humping my a$$ through the bush (probably before you were born).

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

Has anyone ever actually seen the AI get a Great Leader?
                            I have. I killed an AI Russian Great Leader one time.
                            "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

As for the embassies, they give info at the time of founding. How is it you're getting info after that time (before espionage).
                              Even before espionage, a civ can spy on your city ("investigate") and see what you are building and when it's due. All that's needed is an embassy in your capital build by him, or an embassy build by you in his capital.

Now take your loss and quit whining. The AI didn't cheat to beat you to finishing your wonder.
                              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                                The AI didn't cheat to beat you to finishing your wonder.
                                Is it possible you might read some of what the thread was about?

Now take your loss and quit whining.
                                I give the same answer to you as to the previous pretentious git.

Comment

Working...
                                X