• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the prince doesn't like the modern age, then let him "win / lose / quit"
    before it comes.

Comment

Here is a suggestion

If its the power of the economics in modern age causing a million units to be in the game then try this:

1. Take a bonus resource and set it so that its doesnt show up in ANY terrian.
      2. Take the offending building and make one of their pre-req resources to the one you edited. (IE take out the cow and make lets say factory requires the cow, no cow in game means no factory in city be it friend or foe)

Doing this allows you to remove buildings/units from the game yet allows you to still advance as usual...

Just a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by prince_aki
        NOT NECESSARILY.

"A player's industrial economy can only support a certain amount of units."
        There are more units in the modern age, because of the increases in efficency caused by improvements in the city infastructures and other technological benefits. Thus, the lag would stay as currently is in the industrial age.

Point proven?
        No

The only improvements that add to the war machine or economy in the modern age are:
        offshore platform
        nuclear plant
        manufacturing plant
        mass transit (kind of a stretch)

my point is that the war machine at the end of the industrial is identical to that of the modern, and the result is the same, a mass of units, bogging down (possibly) an old machine.

point proven?

Comment

NO!

If you want to get rid of the modern age, you actually want to get rid of the game.

I always play emperor standard continent maps. Since 1.17f the tech accelerates so fast that the modern age, even more than before, will fill in the largest part of your game. I'll usually only have time to wage one major war before industrial age, other wars are usually fought in late industrial and modern times.

I've always -and still do- preferred the ancient times above modern, so I pity the fact that there's no such thing anymore as experiencing the different and unique ages (Firaxis MUST fix this).

You just hurry, hurry, hurry, and before you know it you're already in modern age, where the decisive (domination) fighting gets fought.

So no, you just can't get rid of modern age. (I kinda like the units and the modern age war aspect, but some posters are right, spaceship should come last. I never get to stealth !!!!)

They just need to prolonge the ancient and medieval era (slowdown in tech acceleration and tech whoring).

A definite must be if you'd ask me.

AJ
          " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
          - emperor level all time
          - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Working...
          X