Was this a bug or AI cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this a bug or AI cheating?

I noticed 2 strange moves by the Egyptian AI recently. Are these bugs or cheats, or what?

healing

I have battlefield medicine but AI military are healing in the field.

interceptors/fighters

Jet fighter range is set to 6 tiles. I am bombing a city 8 tiles from nearest AI city and yet 1 Bomber gets shot down by interceptor.

Questions

1. Anyone else see these events?
    2. If so, what is your interpretation?

thanks

For the first question: Battlefield medicine is a "small wonder" which means every civ can build one their own .

As for the second I don't have a clue. sorry.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

planetfall,
      Regarding the intercept: You aren't playing with any mod's, are you?
      If you aren't, when strange things like this happens I would suggest that you save, quit, and restart the computer just in case it was a memory blip.

Comment

yep. battlefield meds can be build by anyone and everyone.

next, are there any AI carriers around? (can units on a carrier do Air Superiority, i didnt think so).

do stealth figs have a longer range?

do american figs have a longer range?
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Maybe the city you are bombing has an interceptor based there?

Comment

i dont know if its the blitz mod or not but my f-15's are doing air superiority missions from carriers.

Comment

Forgot BM is a small wonder. Love the simple mysteries of the game.

Intercept--do not have any mods, just 1.17 and editor changes. No AI carriers.
              They didn't need a navy, they started on the big continent and I had to move
              from island continents. My fighters are set with range 6 and bombers have
              range of 8.

{My ideal would be 12 for bombers, 10 for fighters, and 8 max for navy.
              Limit of 8 for air really slows down ship movement as I don't play with
              ships being able to move as far as planes.}

Could be from city. I was assuming the motion of interceptor flight was
              showing the launch city. That seems to be true for missions from other
              cities, but may not be true from target city. I don't think it was from
              the city because 1) the interceptor killed me, not me it. and 2) when
              the city was captured I didn't see any diving fighter icon.

Speaking of Air Superiority, I have never seen one of my fighters destory
              an AI bomber. Is there any graphic when they try, but miss? How can
              I tell if Ais Superiority is being attempted? My only sign, is when I
              get 2 jets on AS, the AI avoids those cities as targets.

Comment

Originally posted by planetfall

I have had a few fighters shoot down enemy bombers from AS. The animation shows the bomber moving and the fighter coming in from one side, 90 degrees off sort of strafing. I have also infrequently seen my fighter get shot down by the bomber.

Jim

Comment

Jim0322 quote:

Originally posted by planetfall

I have had a few fighters shoot down enemy bombers from AS. The animation shows the bomber moving and the fighter coming in from one side, 90 degrees off sort of strafing. I have also infrequently seen my fighter get shot down by the bomber.

yep, same here, actually, it's quite nice to look at
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                  X