Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many games of civ III have you played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many games of civ III have you played?

I have finished one game. Started a second but never finished it and then went back to Civ II multiplayer.

How about you?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

At least six. I've started and scrapped many more.

Comment

About 10 complete to victory or retirement due to obvious defeat.

Many more scrapped.

I play slow. Must manage everything.

Poly is putting a serious dent in my playing time.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I only finished 3 games. Others were started and scrapped.

I don't have that much time to play, and I play slowly.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I have no idea how many. That means too many. I kept losing games b/c of patches, scewed up mods (mine), boredom, etc... I have learned a lot about all but the modern era. Two games I've played out ended in industrial age. Always play w/ my mod, which I've tweaked constantly to near perfection, though major screw ups have derailed some games.
          "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

I've completed 2 games. I've started and gave up a bunch. I'm also playing in 2 succession games. Great fun.

Comment

Any is at least one too many..

Comment

As accurately as I can remember, I've won three games, been stabbed in the back by a UN vote about five times, and have started and tanked about 100+ other games. I don't know about you all but this game is HARD!
                Frodo lives!

Comment

I've played more game than I care to admit. Lost alot of sleep and work time. I usually have two games going at once with one on my desktop and one on my laptop. (Not at exactly the same time.) I don't restart until the game is concluded good or bad. I play some normal and some on a mod that I am working on. Over all the game is a lot of fun.

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                  Any is at least one too many..
                  Mr. Trick, do you have a useful purpose?
                  How many times have you left this forum?
                  Why do you keep coming back?

Nevermind....It's like talking to a wall.
                  Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I'm on my 6th game since beginning on 10/31/01.
                    Does not include a couple where I aborted real early. Until the last couple weeks I have played 15-25+ hours per week.

Huge maps with large continents (just short of pangea), 9-16 civs, Regent.

I am a bit meticulous, rarely automate workers, and I always play the game to the end (other than the early aborts). Of course, this entails a lot of hours in the modern era. I've lost 1 or 2 games due to ill-advised UN votes, etc., but I reloaded the AutoSave and learned.

I haven't had the pleasure of being wiped off the globe yet. I'm a builder, but will go to war when necessary (or opportunity knocks), for lebensraum early or victory/domination later.

JB

Comment

At least 20 finished... maybe 50 started. Small and Standard maps
                      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I've played three games to a conclusion: won two, lost one.

I've started many, many more, but abandoned them when it was obvious that I was a big loser.

Comment

ive finished about 15 games so far. now with 16 civs on a standard earth map i can finish a game in 3-4 days of casual playing

Comment

never, never ever finished a civ game (civ IIor III)

still enjoy the game though
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have played about 6 or 7 complete games. I have scrapped at least two or three dozen other games. I have played only one complete game with the 1.17f patch. I don't like the way the AI conducts its foreign policy in the new patch. The tech trading is bad, but I don't mind that. What bothers me now is the AI is completely unreasonable in diplomacy and decides sometime around the middle ages to gang up on me and eliminate from the game. In all of my previous games I never had that problem. Now, I can't get any of the AI opponents to take my side for any amount of resources and/or gold and help out. This isn't an isolated incident. It happens in every game now. FYI: regent level.

I have shelved the game until the next patch or until I can figure out how to deal with this AI dogpile mentality.
                              "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                              —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Working...
                              X