Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many workers have you captured at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many workers have you captured at once?

What's your record for number of workers all captured at once? I think mine is about ten, 6 Indian workers & 2 Settlers, in a size 3 city. I was just when I saw the number of workers I caught.

Lots. Probably about 10 or so.

Comment

I captured at least 15 after razing a size 24 city that the AI had based some settlers in.
      "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Define "at once"

Are we talking with one action, or over the course of one turn?

The most I've ever captured in one action probably resulted from razing a size 20+ city with a few workers in it (10-12 workers total). The most I've ever captured in a single turn probably had to be a time when I conquered an entire 17-city civ in one turn and snatched their entire worker corps, something like 15-20 workers, which was kind of impressive for an AI civ of that size. Could have had more if I razed instead of captured, but then I wouldn't have been able to capture the entire civ that turn.
        -CC

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist
          I captured at least 15 after razing a size 24 city that the AI had based some settlers in.
          Before the 1st patch, the Persians were moving their workers back & forth across a narrow path... he had at least 15 piled up on 1 square that I took.

I'm sure others have gotten more....

Comment

i'm talking about in the same action, with the same unit, in the same square.

Comment

16. I was mopping up the Japanese with modern armor, and they had moved all their workers up north into their last city to prevent me from capturing them. I took the city and razed it, and out came those 16 workers.
              Lime roots and treachery!
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

22, the egyptians kept herding them in their largest cities as in invaded. i think it was 5 settlers and 12 workers, and some cannons, but i could be wrong.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

About 10, I don't remember exactly.

But there is something quite interesting to do with workers in the last city of a Civ (the capital). Try to trade the AI something in exchange with its last workers and do not let them to the attacker. I so got about 7 workers from Egypt in my current game before they were destroyed by Iroquois on another continent.
                  Nym
                  "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

i've been in the upper 20s but thats because the workers scurried into the city then I razed it, thus getting those workers too. One game I have over 500 "slaves" running around which I'll never do again because it slows the game down horribly as they figure out what to do each turn. I eventually just started disbanding them for their 2 shields each. i wonder if that pisses the AI off.

Comment

Approx 34. It was in my current game (1 city, Marla's World Map, correct starts, Romans, 16 civs, Diety....whew). Razed Tokyo in modern times, a size-29 city and had about 7 settlers and 4 or 5 workers.
                      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

12 in a 26 city
                        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                        X