Jungle Kills Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Kills Units?

i was just on the bowl (i know, great image) reading my civ3 manual whe i read that along with disease ridden cities, jungles can also kill units .

i never saw this, so i was wonderign else out there did. does the unit flat otu die? or does it take damage?

thanks in advance
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I haven't had this happen to me but I've heard of it happening to people with fortified units in the jungle.

Comment

I would guess that it only applies to those units that have been in the jungle for a whole turn without moving.

Comment

I heard it can also happen when a unit's in a fort. I've never noticed, but it might have happened to me. I'm not the most observent person unfourtunately.
        You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I had a unit in a fortress in a jungle just up and die after it had been there quite a while. It only happened once, now i tend to avoid the situation.
          [c3c] 1.22(f?)
          For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )

Comment

Originally posted by watorrey
            I had a unit in a fortress in a jungle just up and die after it had been there quite a while. It only happened once, now i tend to avoid the situation.
            That happened to me too. I think it is a rare occurrence, though. Disease ridden cities are much more common.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Happened to me yesterday, and it comes as a bit of a shock. I had this nice group of units fortifying my border, much of it jungle, and as I was thinking of what to do with some other unit, I heard a groan and watched as a swordsman keeled over. I took a chance and left the jungle there and simply replaced him with another unit. I wanted the extra defense the jungle provides. Hard to know what to do.
              Jack

Comment

I lost a warrior to a disease several months ago. He was guarding a long border I had with a quasi-unfriendly nation and it happened to be at the center of a huge jungle. My reaction was "What?" followed by "Cool!"

Comment

I had sent 4 warriors to occupy a narrow passing gate (stranglehold?) so that the other civs couldn't get through and settle there.

As two millennia passed, two of my warriors died.

It reminded me of Command and Conquer.

AJ
                  " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                  - emperor level all time
                  - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Working...
                  X