• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submarine, Paratrooper, AEGIS Cruiser.
    I love 'em all.
    Shame they suck.

Comment

My fav is Cavalry. Move fast, strike hard, have something else come along and hold, while you strike again. Cavalry can also strike and move out of trouble. Definitely Cavalry. I think it may need some tweaking downwards.

In the ancient world, the Legionairy. Hate the Jag Warrior. Moves so fast even if it has low AD. Haven't had the pleasure of encountering the Immortals yet without at least Cavalry and Riflemen. Have still to see what a Panzer looks like!

Comment

Well as I've been playing as the Romans with a passion in all my games lately (Can't help it, they have the best city names.). My favorite units would have to be The Legionary for The first powerful attack units. I then tend to use artilary, alot. Finally Bombers and Armor are my favorites to crush the late industrial, modern era's with.

Chaing

Didn't mention that I love using Armies as well. they are just cool.
        You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

Got to love those Modern Armor.
          Also, the rifleman victory celebration is fun to watch.
          Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
          If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

My favorite unit is lesbian warrior. Move fast, strike hard, have something else come along and hold, while you strike again. Lesbians can also strike and move out of trouble. Definitely Lesbians . I think it may need some tweaking downwards with maybe a shave.

Comment

Paratroopers and Marines

I use artillery on enemy's border cities, then I move in with tanks.
              I use battleships on enemy's coastal cities, then I move in with Marines
              I use bombers/ stealth bombers on my enemy's inland cities, then I move in with Paratroopers

I use Paratroopers to drope on enemy's strategic resources and pillage that square.

Can't wait for MP
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

swordsmen

nothing else has such a big advantage for such a long time. 3 vs 2 ratio is great, swords cut spears easily. on a heavily defended city, i might lose a few, but that's ok.

plus, it comes at a key time, where there's precious little else to build, you don't really have to worry about culture flips and garrisoning, and there are so few roads that their defenders don't move much quicker than your invaders. the ai is still in settler city planting mode so they do your expansion for you. plus your rep recovers in time for the midgame trade fest.

when i build up a few, i take out the nearest neighbour who's a
                threat, typically doubling my territory and getting enough to ensure access to key ancient era resources. gets me some power and respect, good leverage for midgame trading and peaceful infrastructure building.
                Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Hoplites, Samurai, and Panzer.
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

mw
                    great for early wars

Comment

The Worker

Builds roads to connect cities and resources. Without resources you can't build most units, therefore you loose.

Aside from the worker, cavalry. Their speed allows me to usually wipe through 2 rows of enemy cities in one turn.

Comment

Panzer all the way--
                        1-it is a great unit
                        2-more importantly it enables the German player to get a GA at the perfect time--just heading into the modern age --plus then the German (being scientific) gets an extra tech in the new era -ridin in on a golden age--- yeehaw.
                        Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

Working...
                        X