Every now and again, you can still have a really fun game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every now and again, you can still have a really fun game

I have to say, although I've had Civ III on my computer for quite some time, you can still find yourself drawn into a really fun game -- which tells me that, all in all, Civ is a fun game (albeit frustrating). I'm playing a continents map on Regent level (I don't really find any of the higher levels fun to play, since the advantages given to the AI to make them competitive ruin the fun for me). After trailing the French a close second for quite some time, I have taken control of the entire continent I'm on and have moved into the lead. By selling techs, I'm able to keep science at 100%. Well, depiste having a rather large continent, I attain the research for infantry, only to discover that there is no rubber on the entire continent. A few turns later, my only source of coal disappears (and I've only layed railroads on about half the squares on the continent)! Ouch.

I'm able to trade for rubber -- by giving away my mother and my right arm, but nobody's offering coal. So, I've got to obtain coal and rubber resources on another continent -- pronto. The Aztecs are close by and relatively weak, although they now have infantrymen, making it tough going to knock them out. Also, by attacking the Aztecs, I find myself at war with the Iriquois and the English. Luckily, I'm able to pay the Egyptians to jump into war with me against the Aztecs. And thankfully, the French, who are not far behind me, have so far stayed out -- although my costly war will undoubtedly allow them to move up on me in the rankings.

I gotta say, this is a frustrating situation -- and Civ play at its best.

Every now and again, you can still have a really fun game
    yeah, once or twice.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Yeah I think for every 1 great game there are at least 10 bad ones. Still though, I find myself drawn to this game time and again.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
      X