• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to eat soup when I play civ3
    ICH BIN EIN WARMONGER!!!

Comment

My Mech Infantry Killed My Workers!

I had something similar happen to me as described in the original post. I was playing on Regent level as the Egyptians, standard map, six other civs remain. THe year is 1788AD, and I'm one turn away from completing the final component of the space ship. The closest civ that I know of was the Indians, who had five components complete. I think the Americans were closer, but I couldn't plant a friggin spy. The turn previous to launching the ship, I figure I'll be a butt scab and nuke the entire world before leaving. I level Washington, and a few other capitals, and all the civs except one declare war on me. After firing off eleven ICBMs and three tactival nukes, I end my turn. The *!#@*! Space ship won't *!#*!*#ing launch. All the compontents were complete! I clicked on the "S" button on the bottom right of the screen but it didn't do anything, so I tried F10 - still nothing. I was never able to see the space ship again. I was only 20 turns away from a cultural victory, so I figured I'd wait it out. During that time. one of my cities that was about 4000 years old went haywire, and started killing any units that came close to it. It had two MEch Infantry in it, and they killed two other Mech Infantry, and four workers. I removed the units from the city and put a different unit in it. When the unit (mech INfantry) approached the city, it had to fight it's way into the city even though no one was there. No pop up appeared or anything when my unit moved into the city. The same turn, two of my nuclear plants melted down. I was able fend off all the other civs I was at war with, razed 10-15 cities, and nuked a bunch more. I eventually declared peace with all of them and switched back to democracy. When my cultural points went over 100,000 nothing happend! I was over 102,000 points! It was as if the victory conditions were disabled, but I KNOW that all victory conditions were on when I started the game. What the *!#*!@#! is going on! I finally gave up on that game.

Comment

You must have at least twice the culture points of your immediate rival to win a cultural victory
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Really? Thought so...because i've been over 100,000 cultural points and nothing happened!

Comment

Working...
          X