No announcement yet.

How do we get rid of green slime mines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get rid of green slime mines?

I give up, what is the process for getting rid of the green slimmy cappped mines?

can't destroy them
    can't unpollute them

what do you do? ignore them?

If they are pollution, should be able to
    clean them up.

green slimy capped mines? I usually stay out of question threads when I'm not sure of the answer, but - possibly it's lack of sleep - this one _really_ has me stumped. I'm quite curious about the gscs, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

If you're refering to the game's mine graphics, there are some graphics replacements available.

You obviously don't mean pollution.... or vegetation...... I don't suppose you've recently gained the tech that allows you to see uranium, have you?

Comment

No, it always happens to some mines about the modern era. Last game a line of 30 mines suddenly changed. Instead of the standard mine image, the image looks like there is a greenish mushroom cap on the mine with some excess spilling over. At first I thought this was just an image for a polluted mine along the lines of the orange grasslands pollution image. But land units can't destroy it and workers cannot unpollute it.

I am not positive, but last game I think I tried to irrigate it, hoping that would correct the problem. Don't have the situation in the present game, but know I am about to have more of these droppings from the green slime monster.

Comment

Green round blobs are uranium. That has to be the slim creature you are describing.

Perhaps you should post a save.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Uranium is more like 4 bright green cubes.

This is different. It is only on mine tiles and is a darker green not the bright green of uranium.

I will see if I can get an image from an older saved game. Not sure if the saved games I retained still had it.

I will get back when I get an image.

Comment

are you talking about modern fortresses? they're kind of green with camo stuff on top.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

precisely !!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I guess so, come to think about it I had a double row of fortresses over mines that changed in the modern era.

Looks like it is time to reinterpret the image.

Thank you for your assistance in understanding the graphic.

Comment

Good call UberKrux. I was thinking that while reading this thread.

Steele
                  If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

There are some replacement images for fortresses in the files forum, I believe.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

If you want to get rid of Fortresses, just Pillage them. You'll have to destroy your other improvements first though. Fortresses are always the last thing to be destroyed.

Comment

I much prefer the Industrial Age star fortification. I don't care if the green blob of concrete is realistic. Its ugly. I don't think the shape is particularly realistic either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
                          I much prefer the Industrial Age star fortification. I don't care if the green blob of concrete is realistic. Its ugly. I don't think the shape is particularly realistic either.
                          Well you could always copy and paste it over the modern fortress. I believe you'll find the .pcx file in the Terrain folder.

Comment

If you don't like the modern fortresses, just open up the TerrainBuildings.pcx file in the civ3/art/terrain directory, and copy the industrial fortress over the modern one, or whatever you want over the modern one.

Problem solved.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Problem solved.
                              Its not a major problem. More like an observation. I don't build many of them anyway.

The problem is the star fort is obsolete in the modern age. So I don't think it would be an appropriate replacement for the ugly green blob.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Working...
                              X