AI and trade idiocy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and trade idiocy

ok the great tokugawa comes to me and wants to trade territory maps (looking for that 1 spot with no control im sure) straight up. as a laugh i make it so we were tradinf territory maps and 100 gold each and then he wouldnt go for it. yes he had the gold to do it also.
    if it is referred to as commen sense why is it not commen?

You have to follow what your advisor says about the deal.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I suspect some of the game's code, in attempting to prevent the AI from being exploited, interferes with "gratiutious" trades. Trades that are neutral - or even good - but "odd" generally seem to get rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquelne
        I suspect some of the game's code, in attempting to prevent the AI from being exploited, interferes with "gratiutious" trades. Trades that are neutral - or even good - but "odd" generally seem to get rejected.
        One time I wanted to trade techs, and it was going to be a good deal acording tot he adviser. However, in order to make better relations with that civ (I think it was egypt, which was cautious towards me) I gave an extra 50 gold into the deal. It turns out cleo didn't like THAT deal. Weird.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

i kind of envision the various idiots trade,domestic etc all sitting around a table getting pieeyed ala that 70s show when they arent popping in being annoying
          if it is referred to as commen sense why is it not commen?

Comment

AI is Flawed

Originally posted by Thrawn05
            One time I wanted to trade techs, and it was going to be a good deal acording tot he adviser. However, in order to make better relations with that civ (I think it was egypt, which was cautious towards me) I gave an extra 50 gold into the deal. It turns out cleo didn't like THAT deal. Weird.
            That happens more often than you think. I often try to offer more gold 1st & then remove a resource or tech they want. Cleo & others don't like the deal once I only add gold to the offer before I change anything else.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too. Sometimes it is just really annoying. And they never accept a city from me as part of a trade...EVER!
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

Working...
              X