The secret to giving in and enjoying civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret to giving in and enjoying civ3

When it's the only game on your laptop, you learn to appreciate it pretty quick. ^_^

I admit, that was a silly little thread. It's 9 AM and I haven't slept. So....wheee!
    Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Don't worry, I went to bed 12am and I had to get up at 6:30 for classes.

Actualy, I would put Rebellion on my laptop (if I had one, for God's sake I'm a computer science major and I never touched one in entire life ). It's the one game I really really really enjoy modding.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Don't talk to me about laptops...

My laptop blew up a few days after new years. Advent Laptops are NO GOOD people!

Just days before I had come sooooo close to getting Civ3 to run on Debian under Wine. (Linux 4 all those who haven't heard of Debian).

I got it to boot and start a game, but the moment I moved my settler it crashed. Doh

If I had a few more days I would have had it. I know It can be done. Argh!

Comment

Heh. Well, if you'd like a laptop, they're surprisingly cheap. I get mine from Powernotebooks.com, which sells Sager (read: generic) laptops.

Currently, you can get a top of the line mobile p4 1.6, with 256 mb ddr memory, an ati radeon 7500, a dvd drive, and a nice big 15" sxga+ monitor for a mere $1500, which is more than some people (i.e. idiots who buy from Dell, Compaq, Gateway, or any other OEM) pay for desktops.

Sorry about that blurb, I'm a hardware guy. ^_^

Anyhow, laptops are cheaper than you think. I'll sell ya mine for $1250! It runs civ3 very nicely. I probably spend more time on this machine running civ3 than everything else combined.

Whee!
        Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Comment

Working...
        X