No announcement yet.

Is Civ III good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt that with IE6, people probably have part of Windows XP in their system, now if Microsoft was really compatible, I would not have to read about all the games that do not work with that system, but have to work in a compatible mode.

Next, all the books, and updates, programmers have to read to make a game that works on all OS's, I think you get the drift.

If CIVIII has a few flaws, its probably because they are actually trying to program a game, not some fluff that means in two months, people decided that the game had not much of anything in it but graphics. Graphics still only add to a game, but just my opinion, the complexity of CivIII, some people should allow for flaws, yet.
    It would be impossible to thoroughly test each decision a person can make while playing the game.

I just do not remember any game worth anything that did not need updates to it, and remember that CivII and SMAC were all updated and changed around in the end to reflect what customers wanted.

Still, one has the editor to change things around in the game, although not perfect now.

It all takes time and money, so this mega super game anyone wants still has to be invented and programmed, and that will take 'time and money'.

Take a break, play CivIII.

What other game have you played lately where you can be so utterly disgusted and still have fun seeing if you can just 'kill this game by winning and beating it very badly'.

Bad!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
      The people I've talked to who bought Civ III were expecting a great game, a real improvement over Civ II. Their expectations were not met.
      Circle the answer that is most correct:

1. "The people I talked to were expecting a great game."

2. "The people I talked to were expecting a game very much like Civ2 or SMAC, with no basic changes to design philosophy, but even better."

Comment

for me 2...although the main people i've talked to are myself!

Comment

Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

Working...
          X