Hall of Fame editable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame editable?

My Hall of Fame is cluttered with games from which I retired, at first accidentally due to the assignment of that action to ctrl-Q , later deliberately in order only to see what the map looked like.

My questions: Is is possible to edit, i.e., delete, the entries? Or can you retire without having the results recorded?

If you open up HighScores.cv3, located in the main civ3 directory, with any word processor, it looks like you can go through and edit it. I'm not sure what the numbers after the names are (I would guess civ identity, followed by score, after that I don't know).

Comment

the last number is obviously the winning thing. 0 = no win
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. Here's what I figured out:

The first number (after the name) is the civilization. It corresponds to their order in the editor's Civilization tab. I suppose you could change it so that you could have, say, Mao of the French if you wanted.

The 4-digit number is the score.

The last three numbers appear to be
        - difficulty level
        - type of victory
        1 ?
        2 Cultural
        3 ?
        4 Space Race
        5 ?
        6 Rank
        - victory/loss, as UberKrux said.

I haven't had any other kinds of victory , so I don't know the other numbers.

Comment

World Conquest / Domination /Diplocrapic Victory
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
          X