Upgrade Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Soldiers

In the Civilopedia, when you look at the entry for a soldier (warrior, spearman, etc.) it tells you what they upgrade to. (ex. pikeman to musketman, catapult to cannon) Does this mean that I can upgrade them with gold or shields, does it automatically happen? I can't exactly remember & I may be wrong, but it seems like on of the wonders allows you to upgrade at 1/2 cost or something like that. Please help.

Later Days,
    Dylan :-)

It takes gold to upgrade your units. Just put them in a city with a Barracks and press "U", or "Shift-U" for multiple upgrades.

Comment

Don't forget that if you want to upgrade your spearmen to a unit that requires a resource, say a musketeer who needs saltpetre, then the city you are upgrading in needs that resource connected to it. And a barracks. And the spearmen (or whoever you are upgrading).
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

one thing I've noticed: elites become veterans when upgraded!

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
          That is because the game treats upgrading as if a new unit had been created. Since upgrade can only occur in a city with barracks (which produces veteran units)... you see.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by civman2000

That is because the game treats upgrading as if a new unit had been created. Since upgrade can only occur in a city with barracks (which produces veteran units)... you see.

Yet conscripts or regulars don't become veterans when upgrading.

Comment

Working...
            X