Modern Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Era

How come it's so evil? It would seem that it would be the best era to play in?
    "einstein would turn over in his grave, not only does god play dice, the dice are loaded"

Well if you play on regent level + modern era is around for a long part of the game.
    On diety you can reach modern era around 1200 AD. Imagine the next 800 years with just modern armor and mech infantry duking it out and nukes recking havoc.
    It seems fun at first but its gets annoying after a while.
    I AM GOD

Comment

ouch! really wish there was something more...
      "einstein would turn over in his grave, not only does god play dice, the dice are loaded"

Comment

I think the Modern Era needs a few more techs and the ones that are there need to be rearanged.

In the first iteration tech went so fast in the Modern Era even the present tech trading doesn't quite match it. I found the Modern Era nothing but a race to build the Space Ship. I never used Modern Armour till the 1.16f patch. Built it but never used it. In fact I only built it to see what it looked like.

I do like the idea that skilled play allows for faster advancement than in the real world. Without the Dark Ages and the even worse dark age that started around 1470 BC the world might have colonies on other worlds allready.

That early dark age was so bad the Greeks forgot writing. They used an entirely different alphabet before then. It even was written from right to left and from left to right on alternating lines.

However at the moment that really doesn't take a lot of skill on the higher levels.

Comment

Working...
        X