No announcement yet.

Am I Cursed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Arrian, I am also fussy about starting positions and will also restart many times to get one that satisfies my requirements. I have found that a world setting of warm/wet gives good terrain for starting positions: small tundras and small deserts. You get lots of jungle, but eventually these become excellent city sites once the jungle is removed. I will found several cities in the jungles just to stake out territory. I leave these alone until I can remove the jungle.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Alternate Fortune

I also find a good desert site, loaded w/ flood plain rivers interspersed w/ mountains and hills is quite effective. You get massive food/growth from the irrigated flood plains that more than makes up for the occaisional pop loss and you can mine those mountains/hills for production. Its really about the same in the long run as flat, fertal bonus grassland tiles, just that each tile is more specialized. Plus, deserts are home to some pretty crucial mid to late game resources. If you find a desert start w/ all the above qualifications and a motherload of sweet smelling gold producing incense, your a fool to pass it up.
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Working...
      X