Army from goodie hut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army from goodie hut?

I was under the impression this was changed in the second release of 1.17f. However, i just got a conscript army from a goodie hut. Playing as Americans (random choice, not mine).

So my question is... do i have the wrong bic file OR was it just leaders from huts that was changed?
    [c3c] 1.22(f?)
    For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )

Load the bic in the editor, and go to the unit page. Select Army, and check if it as available to Barbarians. If so you have the first release of the patch.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

hmmmm, this brings up an interesting concept. Can(could) you get a great leader from a goodie hut?

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA WOLF 64
        hmmmm, this brings up an interesting concept. Can(could) you get a great leader from a goodie hut?
        No. Leaders require a combat win.

Comment

Ok... i am downloading it again from the infogrames site, but it seems to me i already did this once.

Were there other noticable changes?
          [c3c] 1.22(f?)

Comment

I downloaded 1.17f when it was first uploaded. I am not going to waste 2 hours of my life downloading it again. besides, I like gettings Armies from goody huts. It only happened to me once, and I think it makes the game play better.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

has anyone ever got a great leader on defence?
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I did, in my second Civ III game. I was using the Egyptians, and had War Chariots everywhere. One of my WC's got attacked and won its fight, a GL was created. Then another unit attacked my WC, and it retreated. The GL was destroyed. Poor Ramses... abandoned by his troops.

Comment

How about from Armies?

R
                  "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

Yeah, I've seen an army come out of a hut before, and yes, I have gained an army whilst defending an isthmus and my unit (musketman) was attacked. He was rushed straight back to the nearest city
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                      Never had it happen to me, but seen the AI get leaders when I've been attacking them. One game I was attacking the Zulus with my Immortals, one of their Impi got lucky and managed to become elite, when I finally managed to take the city I saw a great leader die as I marched in.

Comment

I have had great leaders from defense, though not as many from offense. That is because most of my elites are offensive units.

Not sure if it is possible to get one from an army.

Well... i downloaded and definatly have the correct bic file now. It sure suprised me when i got that army from a hut... lol
                        [c3c] 1.22(f?)

Comment

Is the updated bic file available as a separate download? I see the editor as separate, but it does not have the new bic file. Having the updated bic file available separately would save the bandwidth and time needed to download the entire 7 meg patch again. Anyone have a link? Or zip it and upload it here?

Comment

got GL from defending units. happened at least twice.

OTOH, I've never had a GL from an army, be it attacking or defending.

GL-wise, yesterday I played an emperor game on a standard map with the Chinese. conquest victory in 800 AD, not a single GL in hundreds of fights...

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                              Yes. That's happened to me. In my first game with 1.17f (correct version)
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X