No announcement yet.

Best Wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoover is the perfect match to a Continent full of Factories.

Comment

No wonder is indispensable. The only one I miss if I don't get it is Sistine's chapel.

Comment

I voted pyramids, just because it's usually the first wonder I build and I like not having to build graneries on that continent.
        You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Definetly Darwin's Theory. Two FREE advances, how can you lose?
          Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
          If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Sorry,
            I forgot about The Great Library. An instant remedy for coming back in the tech race. I change my vote to this one because of temporary amnesia.
            Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
            If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

I voted Sun Tzu because I usually play pangea, where there is one massive continent. Thus, when I'm rolling through cities, I don't have to stop them more than a turn or two to heal my military completely, thus allowing me to move more quickly cross country. Also, if I am in the midst of a war and I get a new tech, I can upgrade at the front, even if the cities captured didn't have barracks originally,

Comment

Sistine Chapel for me, I got keep the little civers happy. Frankly, if I don't they like to break stuff. -=shrug=-

But my underlying philosphy is to build them all...

Comment

Sistine Chapel

For continent non-restriction and because happiness is the very most usefulness of all.

My 2nd best is Adam's Smith Trading Co because money matters.
                  Last edited by Sena; March 25, 2002, 02:20.

Comment

The Sistine Chapel with no doubt, Hoover Dam being second.

Comment

For me, GL is the most important, considering the tech-trading-hungry AI.

Hoover Dam comes in second, and Adam Smith's comes in third.

Comment

Oh I forgot, isn't finishing this game and winning, a Great Wonder(with Patch 1.17f)

Comment

Originally posted by PatLasch
                          I have to go with Universal Suuferage. I hate War Weariness and hate to give up the bonuses of republic or democracy.
                          I don't think Universal Sufferage does a darn thang. If I have it and go to war as a democracy my libraries and universities are getting torched 5-10 turns later...savage students.

Which begs the question, why can't we do something like nerve staple the citizens and force them back to work? In Civ3 it could be called "Mobilize Riot Police". Froce the people to work and lose 2 culture per turn.

Anyway, Adam Smith saves a ton of money so that's what I go for.

Comment

I'm a wonder hog, but if forced to choose the best one, it's gotta be the Sistine. Works anywhere in the world, never expires, and creates an effect that cannot be duplicated by building city improvements. I love the Great Library, but could live without it... not so sure about the Sistine.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The Wonder Bra of course!
                              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                                The Wonder Bra of course!
                                No no! Wonder Woman is for sure the best wonder. She does things that other wonders can't.

Spec.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X