Firaxis, please give us back our war casualty numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis, please give us back our war casualty numbers

I spent a long time searching in the Military Advisor and all through the manual to find where I could see a list of each military unit I lost in battle.

Finally, after coming to the Forum, I was told it no longer exists in Civ 3. But it did in Civ1 and 2.

Could Firaxis please put this feature back into the game with the next patch? Please? It was a very helpful feature and made me more aware of how I was doing.

sboog

I second this request
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

I'll byte. I third this request.
      Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

I always like useless statistics, so I'm in for them (even if they can be used)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I also miss it. There's something very satisfying in seeing it written down that you kicked some poors civs ass.
          "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

It's just plain good bookeeping - knowing which of our military got creamed and knowing what enemy militia we destroyed.

Just good bookeeping!

Bring it back.

sboog

Comment

The lack of Casualty Statistics, as we had in Civ II, is one of the many failings of Civ III. Did Firaxis expect us to sit there with a pen and paper keeping track of casualties?? That's what a PC is for. And it is not useless - it gives me a good idea of how worn out a rival civ might be. If it produced unit after unit (that were lost in combat) I assume it wasn't very busy building improvements.

Comment

This isn't a big deal but I think it would be interesting to see who killed what when and to compare your figures against other civs.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X