Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are futur techs for??

What are futur techs for??

IMO, Future Technologies are "suposed" to add to your overall end of game score...but how much they add to it, I don't know.

Comment

There are future techs?!?!
      "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Originally posted by Dienstag
        There are future techs?!?!
        I know what you mean, but yes, there are.

EDIT: It can be found on page 96 "Future Technology" in the Civ3 Instruction Manual.
        Last edited by Wittlich; March 21, 2002, 13:08.

Comment

The short answer is "nothing".
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            The short answer is "nothing".

It's not "nothing"! I think I got about 3.5 more score for inventing thousands of future techs
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Does anybody know if the AI will buy/trade future tech?

Comment

Does anybody know if the AI will buy/trade future tech?
                Instead of developing uselees future techs, turn off science. You can either bank the cash or turn up the happiness and start a bunch of WLTK.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

I concur Spencer!
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I wouldn't work agressively for future tech either, but its a mute point for me since my games always end b4 then. I was just curious as to what value the AI gives future techs.

Comment

Huh, I completely forgot that future techs exist...I still have yet to play a game in which I get all the techs...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
                        Huh, I completely forgot that future techs exist...I still have yet to play a game in which I get all the techs...
                        I know they exist, but never played a game that long (yet)... (That's on my todo list as well )
                        Are they still numbered?
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

For nothing... I wish it increase the amount of damage from certain units... nut it seems will not ocurr.
                          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Yes it stiil numbered... my record is 50
                            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Just for interest sake. Why would you play a game where you got to 50 future techs? I still havent bothered to get the tech that gives you SP artillery. I cant imagine continuing to play until I got 50, or even 1!

Comment

Working...
                              X