Cruise Missiles? Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Missiles? Huh?

Ok, I don't get these at all. Can you load them on Subs or Carriers? Or fly them over water? Not as far as I can see - what the hell good is that? I've never heard of people only using Cruise Missiles on land, for chrissake!! I feel embarrassed to buy them, they're bloody useless...

Unless you know something I don't? Or does this follow the same idea as the Helos - making something which would be really cool impossible out of sheer bloodymindedness?

But You can sink ships!
    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

You can load them on transports.. then land them (be sure to defend them!) them bomb something 2 squares away.. ugh. They kill, so they're kinda useful after all that bother. Kinda.

Comment

Cruise missles are a great unit-- if you edit them properly.
        First, change the missles themselves so that they have a "tactical missle" flag, and then up their bombardment range to 6 squares. Also, make sure that you cheque the "load" under the action button

Now, edit the sub so that it can carry up to 5 units. This will allow you to carry cruise missles on subs, and in enough quantity that it is worth somthing.

Edit the Aegis cruiser so that it can cary up to 2 units, and cheque its "can carry tactical missles" flag.

Voila, you now have the best bombardment unit in the game. With these and a stolen troop placement map, you can bring any AI civ to its knees in a few short turns...
        Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Ummm I never think in this way, very good use for the ccruise missiles
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

But then can't the sub transport 5 land units?
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus
              But then can't the sub transport 5 land units?
              That's the beauty bit: no they can't. there are a few different "can carry" tags. One for foot soldiers, one for aircraft, and one for tactical missles. So, this let's you carry cruise missles, but not marines, although that is possible if you cheque the other flag...
              Do the Job

Comment

Ahh, hence the reason you said make it a tactical missile. Great, I understand. Maybe it will make an appearnce in a future version of the Balancer.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus
                  Ahh, hence the reason you said make it a tactical missile. Great, I understand. Maybe it will make an appearnce in a future version of the Balancer.
                  With any luck, the'll teach the AI how to deal effectivly, and we'll see it in the main game. Because I agree; in their stock form, cruise missles are limited in utility to the point of suckage...
                  Do the Job

Comment

Cruise missiles still suck, but you can fix them

After you make the changes described above (although subs carrying 5 is too high, I will just use 2), cruise missiles are more useful. Hopefully the patch will address how much they suck right now.
                    We'll come back later and get the rest. When I say we, I mean you. --The Grinch

Comment

Working...
                    X