Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Civ3 made to amuse the AI or the human player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

godinex:

Como pudiste hacerme esto a mi? Eh?

Elvis Crespo.....................
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I'm not the greatest player, but I recently won my first regent game. It was an accomplishment for me. I did it by building warriors in the beginning. Lots of them. Then every twenty turns I'd renegotiate peace with any other civ I contacted. This locks them into a twenty turn trade agreement. And the AI seems to count it as a trade so their attitude tends to become better. That part doesn't make too much sense, (Give me three techs and all your gold or I'll bury you.) and their attitude goes from cautious to polite? Oh well. This is just something that worked for me.

Comment

What an improvement!!!

Well thanks to your sound advice I'm doing a lot better!

Last night I started a game on Warlord (I have only been playing on Chiefain with 1.17f) and followed the advice of Zouave, SultanofATL, and ACooper. What an improvement.

Briefly, I was approached as usuall for ludicrous demands and gave in to them. It wasn't a problem because I set science to 20% and was raking in the cash to pay for the demands. I then engaged in some tech trading here and there. Since I had the money I was able to buy techs for a premium from one civ and then sell it to others who didn't have the tech. Of course I took a profit loss but I did noticed that the AI's atttitude for most of the civs increased from annoyed to polite. This was a good thing as it allowed me to survive the first 100 turns. Interestingly war against me has been nonexistant, with the AI fighting more amongst themselves.

I will continue to experiment and try a higher difficultly level using these tactics to see what happens. Thanks to all of you who helped!
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Having insufficient military forces (and of course they know it immediately) is enough to get you treated with contempt, even if you have mech inf vs their chariots.

Rather than offer a counter deal that the AI wont except I always clear the decks and offer them 10 gold for nothing. They accept and go away having forgotten what it was they were demanding before.

Admittedly this advice is from pre-1.17 because I haven't played a complete game since.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Haupt. Dietrich:

Glad to hear your enjoying the game more. I really think this game has gotten a bad rap. If you implement the right strategies it is very entertaining. Happy Civing!

Comment

Working...
            X