Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Military Occupation

Originally posted by Coracle
    Culture borders is one of the dumbest ideas Sid (if he was involved in this game) and Firaxis ever had. But all of Civ III is really a beta test version with us as the playtesters who paid $45 for the "privelege".
    I totally disagree. As a matter of fact the culture aspect is one of the (scarce?) innovations from civ2 to civ3. It opens new roads to victory (though culture flipping isn't powerful enough yet IMO, only applicable toward fairly 'isolated' and slow developped cities).

About the beta: quite right, but at least they seem committed to edit the game by some of the ideas many have posted on various threads.

That proves they're not the a**** that some reckon they are.

Civ3 isn't lost yet, not at all, that is if they keep improving and balancing the game. Preferrably, as other great games will be launched soon, ASAP, ASAP... Civ3 still could be great.

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
      ... but i'm just saying that there should be a militaristic way to expand
      IMO succesful militaristic campaigns are greatly rewarded in Civ3: free techs, workers, leaders, promotions, territorial expansion, ...

However, a few changes would be necessary:

a player shouldn't have to cope with the extreme unhappiness of conquered civilians, caused by the actions of the former ruler (drafting, whipping) !!!

Unhappiness caused by conquest and warring with mother AI civ is realistic, unhappiness caused by 'evil' actions of former AI civ not. As a matter of fact, a part of the newly acquired civilians should be HAPPY, because the new ruler (the player) might threat them more civilized and respectful ...

AJ
      " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
      - emperor level all time
      - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

i just really hate the idea of the indians popping a city down in the tundra near my empire, and start taking MY land
        Its not your land anymore at that point. Its theirs. They didn't take it from you. The rules did. The same rules that stopped them from plopping that city down directly adjacent to your city. They won't get much of your territory either unless you respond by simply pretending they aren't there. Build some culture and take it back.

sure i always end up killing them anyway, but i'm just saying that there should be a militaristic way to expand
        You need to work on your sarcasm. Sarcasm doesn't work when it sounds exactly like what you say when you are serious. That tends to make your previous post look poorly thought out. Perhaps if you said that there should be a way to expand via culture at that point with the smilely it would have that touch of needed vitriol. Your sulphurous avatar just won't ad that on its own. Vitriol need a bit of oxygen and water to go with the sulpher. That is you need to mix in something besides the same thing as you started with.

Comment

I don't think there's a problem here, the game will let
          you do excatly what you want.

There is a unit that allows you to take territory. I'ts called a settler. Make a settler, plop it down over the land you want,
          create a city, and stock it with troops so it doesn't flip.
          I do it all the time. Of course you'll have to declare war if you
          want to do it inside another Civs border but then what would you expect.

Comment

Working...
          X