No announcement yet.

Potential Multiplayer Exploits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been mentioned elsewhere, and by more devious people than me, but it might be possible for you and an ally to engage in "military excercizes" (really good-natured wars) merely to try to produce some Great Leaders. I haven't seen a feasibilty study on that, but theoretically it would take 12 or 16 "enemy" cannon-fodder warriors to give you a GL (assuming you have a decent elite unit), and the same in reverse for your ally. So, for less than 200 shields, you each get a GL that's worth at least that much. Yeah, that seems like a good deal, and a pretty wicked MP exploit.
    and even if some people were to do that, do you think it would really help them in the game?
    wouldn't the cannon-fodding units be best used elsewhere?

it remains to be seen that you can spawn a GL by killing warriors... from my experience I would say that you have a much higher chance of spawning a GL by attacking stronger units than yours...

Comment

Re: Potential Multiplayer Exploits

Originally posted by Ãœber KruX
      if you give a city to someone, they get one of their best defensive military units in the city. if you traded the same city back and forth, while moving that unit out of the city each time, you could get tons of units for free.
      This has been fixed in the 1.17f patch.

Comment

having my icon back would be nice. ming.

Comment

I think AH has since "borrowed" it...

Besides, only 469 posts to go
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

War weariness with Democracies

A Communist or Monarchist player could declare war on a Democracy so far away, no attacks would ever happen and refuse all peace treaties. The war weariness would be an ever increasing burden. The Democratic player could switch to other governments but this would break their preferred strategy.
            Matthew Greet

You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.

Comment

lol, thats an idea

Comment

Ok, here's on for you 1v1 fans (not too well thought out yet, so bear with me):

ASSUMING that they don't change the tech devaluation model (which I think they should), and
                ASSUMING that you will be able to find out what your opponent is researching (big assumption; there's nothing to suggest this, at the moment, right?), then...

...you MAY be able to start researching whatever your opponent is researching, and set your science rate for half of his rate. When he finishes researching, the tech immediately costs half, so you basically have it too, plus a lot of money.

I admit it's a stretch, assuming that I even got the current tech devaluation model right. But if this does come to be, it will be a strong incentive to have the lowest tech rate, which just seems flat wrong to me. Any thoughts?

----
                P.S. the commie war-weariness trick is "slap-my-forehead" obvious. Why didn't I think of that? In other news, I'm running out of steam trying to think of MP exploits...must actually play MP for more...
                "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Re: War weariness with Democracies

Originally posted by warmachine
                  A Communist or Monarchist player could declare war on a Democracy so far away, no attacks would ever happen and refuse all peace treaties.
                  I am pretty sure that won't work. The only effect that will get is to give the population the shorth thrill they usually get when another civ declares war. If the attempted exploiter didn't actualy make effective attacks there would be no war wearness from what I have seen.

Your population doesn't seem to care if there is a declared but phony war. They only start getting riled when units are destroyed or land is taken. I have had a couple wars that went on very long times but my enemy wasn't able to do anything to me. So my population stayed calm. They didn't mind my winning without loss one tiny little bit.

Of course I suppose this could be a matter of perception. I may just have been lucky those times or it might have been that it was the first long war. Or a hated enemy. Or anyother thing that Firaxis has chosen to keep secret.

Comment

even if you solve the unhappiness problem(8 lux, 40% lux rate,police stations and Sufferage have already been done) there is a counter, stay in war for x turns and get treated to some 8 turn anarchy... so declaring war and not doing anything would eventually hurt. Also keeping units in enemy territory will cause its effects alot sooner. Just park a stack of some heavy defenders on a mountain, and watch him scramble and waste all his units or watch his civ burn itself down. War weariness will of course have to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X