Commercial Trait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Trait

I was thinking (I do that occasionally)...

Commercial, IMO, is a relatively weak trait. What if commercial civs got 1/2 price marketplaces too? Not banks... I think that makes it too strong.

*puts on best Dennis Miller impression*

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. I wanna know what you think, Apolyton.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

I'd prefer a more noticeable decrease of corruption.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

hmm.. i think the marketplace price reduction is a good idea.. or maybe a _slight_ boost in tax.. (unless there is 1, havent noticed tho)

Comment

How about a cheaper Colossus?
        "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

I like the idea of reduced cost marketplaces/banks. It makes sense along the same lines as reduced cost temples/cathedrals for Religious and reduced cost libraries/universities for Scientific. Each of these two traits also has an additional bonus beyond the reduction in cost for city improvements, so Commercial would be improved to a somewhat similar status to R and S.

On the other hand, this does leave Expansionist and Industrious out in the cold -- maybe Granaries (or aqueduct and hospital) for E and Factories for I? (Although, the double speed workers are still good all on their own.)

Comment

Working...
          X