No announcement yet.

Are the hardware req for CIV3 too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my bet is that the ruleset easily could have been much more complex with hardly any change in hardware requirements.

Tack for den forsta svar till min fraga!

We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Murtin

As has been argued for before, I think the real reason we're not seeing a more complex ruleset is that the AI wouldn't handle it very well. This is designed to be a single-player game, and as such it is dependent on at least a moderately challenging AI. Add more complexity in the form of more units, more improvements or more diplomatic opportunities, and it becomes exceedingly difficult to code an AI that doesn't lose it completely in the middle of all that complexity.

So my bet is that the ruleset easily could have been much more complex with hardly any change in hardware requirements.
      I agree with the above and would add that the I think the majority of speed problems/hardware problems occur to the number of units/cities that are AI controlle. I don't think that the additions of many of the ideas being discussed would appreciably increase the problems, esp. the UN, as that would play more like the diplomacy screens.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Tack for den forsta svar till min fraga!

For all del.

Comment

Working...
        X