DataIO error??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DataIO error??

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong topic but I didn't find any technical forum. So my question is this. Somebody I know gets this error everytime he wants to load a saved game, auto saves work fine but manual saves gives him this error. Anybody know why?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I've seen that error when loading a manually saved game after I had added a unit. Its mentioned in a thread, I think in creation maybe KORN469 or gramphos are the posters. I never tried loading an autosave.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

There should be a four character word after the DataIO error that tells what the error is (there are more then one)

What game version do you use?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

american version, where you have regent insted of prince.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

IIRC, (30% chance?) I'd got that error after I failed to rename a unit's directory/ ini file after renaming the unit in the editor. (There's a note in the Help file that tells you about the directory/ini renaming.)

Renaming or not, I've only seen it after doing either something wrong in the editor, or making a change that's proper, except that it makes the game incompatible with my saved games. (Starting a new game works fine.)

Comment

I meant what patch original (1.07f), first patch (1.16f) or second patch (1.17f) I don't bother about the sub patches.

Comment

Comment

Do you get it from all games you play, or just a particular one? Has the savegame been converted from earlier version?

Comment

Just Civ3 but all his games, and also, it seems to stop after the middle age ends.And there has been no changes made in the editor.

Comment

Strange, can you attach a zipped file, and I'll add it to my todolist. (Too bad I've forgot some files I prommissed to look at before creating that list...)

Comment

ok I'll try to get the save from friend

Comment

BTW Spec, the Help forum is the technical area.

Comment

Working...
                        X