Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehing wired in the www.civ3.com/en/ page

Well,
    as the news sad it they now have a site for each language.

When I entered www.civ3.com everything was OK.
    But then went to www.civ3.com/en/ and got a serious supprice.

The "What's new" bar was last updated on 9/21/01 with Persians as the nation of the week.

Has there been a timewrap I missed?
    (And if I missed the timewarp does this mean no MP for me? )
    Attached Files

Already posted about that. Have they translated it to brittish Englush, or are they still american English?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I had a look just now and the only thing they "translated" was the "Welcome to the official Civilisation III Website" message at the top. Otherwise, absolutely identical to the US version in terms of spelling, blurb, news, etc. The word "pathetic" springs to mind

PS it should also be noted that, according to any good UK English dictionary (esp. the Concise Oxford), the spelling "civilization" is perfectly British and is, infact, preferred in academic circles over "civilisation".

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray
        I had a look just now and the only thing they "translated" was the "Welcome to the official Civilisation III Website" message at the top. Otherwise, absolutely identical to the US version in terms of spelling, blurb, news, etc. The word "pathetic" springs to mind

PS it should also be noted that, according to any good UK English dictionary (esp. the Concise Oxford), the spelling "civilization" is perfectly British and is, infact, preferred in academic circles over "civilisation".
        So, why have a UK page?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
        X