Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI adaptability to CIVEDIT customisations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI adaptability to CIVEDIT customisations.

This is not the first post on this issue... but I couldnt; find a recent one to tack onto...

I wanted to know that if I gave infantry, swordsman, legionary's the ability to build roads, clear forest and jungle... would the AI take advantage of this?

If you change upgrade paths (e.g. allow cavalry to upgrade to a tank) does the AI acknlowledge this?

In my view there is no point making customisations unless the AI is able to take advantage of them. It would just be cheating then.
    ------------------------------------
    Cheers
    Exeter.
    -------------------------------------

I personally think they WOULD take advantage of it, because every edit i make the AI usually takes advantage of, but the only way to be sure on this is to actually playtest it, let me know the result.
    Up The Millers

Comment

The problem with unit upgrades and infanty building roads is that it is impossible to playtest.. you can;t tell.

Another favourite customisation of mine is to allow irrigation of hills (why is this not a standard rule?)... but I can see that becasue the AI has irrigated some hills!
      Cheers
      Exeter.

Comment

I wanted to know that if I gave infantry, swordsman, legionary's the ability to build roads, clear forest and jungle... would the AI take advantage of this?
        no the AI will not take advantage of this unless the unit has all of the terraform options and then if you gave it both terraform and offensive or defensive AI then it should work to an extent, but this means that the unit can do everything a worker can

If you change upgrade paths (e.g. allow cavalry to upgrade to a tank) does the AI acknlowledge this?
        yea this works fine, the Ai is slow at upgrading but this does work

Comment

Thanx Korn.
          Cheers
          Exeter.

Comment

exeter0

no problem, glad i could help

Comment

Quick qustion along these lines: I wish to make it the _liberary_ wich produces vetran units, will the AI be able to figure this out? What about if I make a barraks nessicary for units more advanced than warriors? If a factory is nessicary for tanks, will the AI know to build them? I want to make a rather extensive mod, but if the AI can't figure it out...
              Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Working...
              X