No announcement yet.

Which civ do you play as, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I turn off Civ-Specific abilities in all my games. So benefits don't matter to me.

So, I like to make up my own civ and select random since it doesn't matter except for position.

But if I'm too lazy, I pick Romans, because they're first on the list.

Caveat, I don't usually finish the game. I usually quit by end of ancient or middle ages since by then I already know if I'm going to win or not (it's just a question of whether its worth playing the next 300 turns). Also, I'm a 70% sandbox player, 30% PP.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I almost always play as the Romans, French, or Americans. But mostly the Romans, here is my reason:

Romans

My playstyle involves creating barracks and temples in every city as soon as possible. I spend the very early game developing and expanding, and I am usually in a hotspot around the time that the LEGIONS come around... that is when I kick some major butt and rise to glory.

I am an expander, so using the legions to gain more land, especially on a game with 16civs, is a huge bonus to me. The more frequent elite and great leaders, the huge legion unit bonus, and the early golden age give me a huge advantage. If I play my cards right I will usually dominate the entire game after this. I like to play diplomat/big-time super power late in the game so this is what I love about this civ.

Comment

Working...
      X