Note about 'skilled' Settlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note about 'skilled' Settlers

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a high chance of getting one of these skilled settlers from a hut when you only have one city??
    I have
    Up The Millers

I've yet to find even one. (only played ~8 games so far, tho)

My bad boys seem to have poor manners, as they usually anger some ___ warriors...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

is it not just that you have a high chance of finding goody huts when you only have one city (cos its the first thing you do)?

Comment

Yes, the chance is high. I have found it in a regular way. 1 or two per regular gane in Monarch
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

It certainly does seem a lot higher post-1.17f. I've received as many as three settlers in one Monarch game from goody huts. It seems you are more likely to get them with one city (or none, if you're scouting for the best captial site) than when your empire is large, although I found a hut on a remote island well into the middle ages and it gave me a settler. The value of the hut is likely tied to the level of difficulty, though, so I'd expect fewer on higher levels.

Comment

It certainly does seem a lot higher post-1.17f.
            yes, i must say that this seems to be a trend that has grown with the latest patch -- in my first 1.17 game i received 4 skilled settlers in a row from huts -- as soon as i received the 4th one i decided to restart the game and try entering the same huts on one or two turns later than i did the first time, and i found that for all four of them they were alternating pretty much back and forth each turn from being a skilled settler, then something else, then settler, something else, etc.

i'm not so sure honestly this was that much of a needed improvement with the 1.17 patch -- in a game that already is very focused on expanding and filling every patch of land, this only does it even quicker.

Comment

I was playing the indians (Monarch level).. and the first 4 huts gave me skilled settlers .... .. but none after that at all ....
              I got 2 armies, and a load of unhappy babarians ..
              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by takamine
                i'm not so sure honestly this was that much of a needed improvement with the 1.17 patch -- in a game that already is very focused on expanding and filling every patch of land, this only does it even quicker.
                Well, true, but I'm assuming that the huts only provide settlers for the human player. If so, then it's a helpful balance against AI sprawl advantages at higher levels. If not, then it's just extra reaming for humans as the AI snacks up all the settler huts and spreads like a virus across the planet....

Comment

I'm fairly confident that the AI also gets settlers from the goody huts. I've been replaying some games, over a few times and just sending out warrior to try and shadow ai warriors scooting around.

I haven't been fortunate enough to witness the event; however, some of the cities that get founded early on huge maps, make no sense unless the goody hut that was within 10 tiles or so from that city popped out a settler for the AI.
                  sum dum guy

Comment

Working...
                  X