No announcement yet.

Goody huts and 1.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p.s. And yet, I have *never* gotten an army. Hmm... which 1.17 do I have? I downloaded it the day after it was first made available, and also downloaded the proper editor. Do I still have a "faulty" 1.17??
    Check your editor. If all the units are highlighted for Barbarian Chiefdom, then you have the "buggy" 1.17f. If not, just check the units you want to have appear in goody huts. I'm getting quite a number of Armies from huts myself, sometimes 2 or 3 per game. Mind you I'm playing an expansionist civ, so maybe that makes a difference as well.

Comment

Settlers and Armies in Huts

Since installing the 1.17 patch, I get more settlers out of huts, and far fewer friendly warriors which I used to get all the time. Two times I have experienced settlers pop out of huts when it was opened by the expansion of my borders in 4000BC. That was playing on a standard map, warlord level as Egyptian.

On the game I am currently playing (also Egyptian and warlord), I hit about eight huts and got one settler, some money, maps and a couple pissed off barbs. However, the civ above me, China, and the civ below me, JApan, both got armies out of goodie huts. Both of them filled there armies with warriors, and later on while I wiped their civs off the face of the planet, each army was easily beaten with one cavalry.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
        Huts won't give you the tech you are currently researching, unless it is the only Ancient Era tech left that you have all the pre-requisites for. Huts can only give Ancient Era techs.

I have also noticed that opening a goody hut with cultural borders never yeilds a settler. Any hut opened on the first turn (4000BC) has never yeilded a settler for me either. I don't know if this is just because I have been unlucky, or if it is programmed that way.
        In many times I get settler fromn my cultural borders. And I say MANY times.
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I usually open huts with units, not cultural borders. I was just refering to the 4000BC hut which is opened by building your first city. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I don't know that I've ever opened a hut with cultural borders in any other circumstances.

For you people who have gotten a 4000BC Settler from a hut, do any of you have the fixed .bic file? To check, just follow Willem's instructions.

Comment

Working...
          X