The List 4.0 for Civ IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The List 4.0 for Civ IV

Just a new place for you to post your ideas and grievances about Civ IV... I'll see what I can do about updating it

If you know of a thread where I can get some ideas: please post a transcript of it, or a link to it here... It doesn't matter which site you get it from.

Thank you

-DC
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Oh yes, and this was the FIRST List 4.0... I assembled it in Dec 2001 or such around that time, about a week after Civ III was released
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Just for the record, I don't appreciate it. BTW, I would really like to read a newer version of Apolyton the Book, taking in account the events up until 2002.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Just for the record, I don't appreciate it.
        Huh... what don't you aprpreciate?

BTW, I would really like to read a newer version of Apolyton the Book, taking in account the events up until 2002.
        I agree... the book was a hit... but now...
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        UPDATE THE BOOK
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It was that much of a hit?
          Well- If I tried to update it from Aug 2001- It would be lacking a lot, since I haven't visited the OT extensively since then... I would need more submissions

I may even add Solver's alleged "Hebrew" nationality just for Civilization: CTP's sake
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Thanks ming

Now- On topic- anyone have any ideas for Civ IV... If no one posts many ideas, I suppose I'll just do a quick update and post v. 1.1.0, then move on to Apolyton: The Book v. 2.5.0
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Hey Ming, come on! Let's press on him together and get him to update the book again.

I really enjoyed looking there. And yes, I am and remain Hebrew, though it has nothing to do with CtP .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

That's only what the leaders of your international conspiracy would WANT Us to think

Perhaps I'll update it... But I'll need material to do so- right now all I have are a few fixes including Solvers "nationality" and a mention of EVC allegedly hacking Wigalf's account.

As for other news, I know little
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

i suggest multiplayer for civ4

that and a scenario design tool.

Hey, these might seem like simple things, but they got left out of civ3, so i think its worthwhile mentioning

Comment

Have Sid design it.

Comment

Originally posted by BucksRock
                      Have Sid design it.
                      he desingned civ3, and look what we got

let Brian Reynolds design it

Comment

You've got to kidding, right?

They didn't get Civ 3 done, how in heck are they supposed to be think about/working on Civ 4? The game is a disapointment to me, FIX Civ 3 before anyone talks to me about paying MORE money for another one of Firaxis's games!

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1
                          You've got to kidding, right?

They didn't get Civ 3 done, how in heck are they supposed to be think about/working on Civ 4? The game is a disapointment to me, FIX Civ 3 before anyone talks to me about paying MORE money for another one of Firaxis's games!
                          But ...
                          - If you assume that Firaxis is not in the business of making good computer games, but is primarily focused on making money.[1]
                          - Then they would go for the option which makes them the most cash.
                          - You and perhaps 500 others who were disappointed in civ III won't but civ IV.
                          - But thousands will.
                          - A patch won't net you anything dosh (just more complaints).
                          - An expansion pack will net you green, but usually at about half the price a new game will.

So, Civ IV is the best option for Firaxis. Take Civ III, take the fan-feedback, put in the effort needed for an expansion pack, call the result Civ IV and sell it for full price.

If people will vote for Pimmetje, they'll buy Civ IV.[2]

Robert

[1] In which case they would be better of in the drug trade, I suspect.

[2] You won't get this unless you're Dutch. Don't worry about it, it just means there are many stupid people out there.
                          A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by kailhun
                            So, Civ IV is the best option for Firaxis. Take Civ III, take the fan-feedback, put in the effort needed for an expansion pack, call the result Civ IV and sell it for full price.
                            That's how Microsoft sells windows, no ?
                            veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro

That's how Microsoft sells windows, no ?
                              Indeed.
                              Why sell a thing only once? If you play your cards right, you can sell it again and again and again. Just stick a number after it.

Windows 95 -> 98 -> 2000
                              Rocky I -> II -> III

Gernally the thing doesn't get any better.
                              Although some say Empire Strikes Back is better than A New Hope. Me? I say ANH is a fraction better than ESB. I even like RotJ, even with the furballs. Jar Jar on the other hand was going too far.

Hm, a Star Wars mod with good graphics (set on a planet though): pods from a possible total of 16 spacefaring races crash on a planet and a civilisation develops, just as with normal civ. I'd pay money for that.

Robert
                              A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X