A few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions

First off, I bought Civ III when it was first released, and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. To me, the game, out of the box, was about as fun as a fart in a spacesuit. I could list all the usual suspects that get complained about, but my biggest issue was with the end game tedium that usually killed my desire to finish. In fact, I have only finished 3 games of Civ III since my purchase

My questions concern the latest patch (which I have yet to download), and if you have an opinion I'd like to hear it.

1. Has the end game tedium been scaled back? In other words will I still have to wait 15 minutes to play my turn?

2. In general is the new patch worth downloading in regards to stacked movement and the faster pace of tech acquiring. To be honest, I don't want to play a game in which I'm launching my spaceship at 200 a.d. Does this really occur?

I know there are probably a million threads that hit on these topic, but I don't want to search and only want to ask people who have actually played with the patch since it has been out.

Thanks in advance. . .
    Who is the captain of this fu#%ing ship?

The stacked movement really makes a difference on moving workers around to clean up pollution. That helps to speed up the end game. Also useful when moving artillery around.

I had problems with long delays at the end game when I first loaded Civ. I reloaded and it seems to have increase the speed, although there are still long delays.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
    X