Some REALLY WEIRD sh....stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some REALLY WEIRD sh....stuff....

I experienced something rather strange. Check this out. I was at war with the egyptians when suddenly one turn, plenty of workers (my color) started to attack my capital! They wern't making any damage, just dying on the spot?? What's that about? And I couldn't see those workers, they were appearing as they attacked(but I had railraods). And I didn't seem to lose any workers...but they were my color, anyway, workers dont attack!! It stopped after like 5 turns or so. That was some funky sh|t.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Something else happened to me!!! I activate a mec-infantry to kill 1 hostile rifleman on my territory. I attacked, killed the unit and then sent back my Mec to the city it came from and guess what happened!! The infantry fortified in my city acted like if my tank was attacking and killed my tank!! What's up with that!!

Not pleased Spec. (and it takes a lot!)
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

i can think of 2 things, oprresion of the workers and civil wars ARE in civ3

or, alternativly, i heard that this is some kinda bug. some one posted bout it ages ago i think.
      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Happened to me in my last game as well.

Bug. I guess.

Comment

This happens to my game as well.
          First, my workers try to enter the city when they have finished the job, and they got shot by Infantry that is in that city, and got killed.
          Second, I have a unit in that city, but I cannot see it from the map, right click the city will not work either. But I can see it from city screen and and military advisor screen. And, I cannod command him.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
            This happens to my game as well.
            First, my workers try to enter the city when they have finished the job, and they got shot by Infantry that is in that city, and got killed.
            Second, I have a unit in that city, but I cannot see it from the map, right click the city will not work either. But I can see it from city screen and and military advisor screen. And, I cannod command him.
            For this type of problem, does it help to just restart the computer and the problem goes away???

Comment

Yeah, my infantry shot my Workers down, too. I had 7 Workers doing Pollution Patrol, and had 7 shot down, so that has to be a pollution patrol bug.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Talking about pollution: Since I nuke my enemies about 200 times in this game, the pollution reach such a catastrophic level that the pollution indicator now turns RED. About 50 glassland tiles would turn into plain or whatever every turn.
                I have a question regarding the F11 screen. If my pollution ranking is 4, does that mean i'm the 4th most polluting nation?
                ==========================
                www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

For this type of problem, does it help to just restart the computer and the problem goes away???
                  the saved game is the problem IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
                    the saved game is the problem IMO.
                    So, did you find an AutoSave where it didn't have the problem (and no, I'm not referring to 4000BC)?

And then did you do things exactly the same so you got the save file corrupted again (or NOT)??

Comment

Working...
                    X