Can I raze my own city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I raze my own city?

Is it possible to deliberately raze one's own city? If so, how does one go about it?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

If you produce a Settler in a city size 1 or 2 while there is no excess food production, it can be disbanded. The only way to raze it would be to give the city to one of the AI, then raze it normally.

Comment

I've tried producing a settler in a city of one, but when the settler is done production goes on hold. Wait a minute, could that be because settlers require a population of 2 in a Republic?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Settlers always require 2 of pop. To raize a city all you have to do is drop the pop to 1 in that city and build a worker. When it's complete your advisor will ask you if you want to:
        -Switch production
        -Abandon city <------------------------
        -Put production on hold

Choose abandon city and it'll be raized...kinda....

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Aeson hit it on the head. NO EXCESS FOOD. Otherwise production is delayed until size three. Geeez. It took me forever to figure that one out.
          something-or-other WALKS!

Comment

One thing about disbanding cities. With the 1.17f patch, any unhappiness buildup in the disbanded city will be transfered to one of your other cities. Seems to just be the closest one, but I haven't played enough with the patch to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
              One thing about disbanding cities. With the 1.17f patch, any unhappiness buildup in the disbanded city will be transfered to one of your other cities. Seems to just be the closest one, but I haven't played enough with the patch to know for sure.

tru and false , i tried it sometimes its like that , othertimes it aint , 1.17f , before it was not like that

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Panag -

Which part are you talking about? Was it the transfer to the nearest city, or that the transfer happens at all? I don't think it applies to "too crowded" unhappiness, just "past oppression".

Comment

Working...
                X