Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Atlantic Treaty Organization

I have an idea.
    What if civ could make an multiple mutual protection pact. By this I mean similar thing as NATO. Civs can join in this pact and then if anyone is attacked all civs will declare war.

How would this be different to the present situation where all civs declare war if their allies are attacked?
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Well, it's not too far from that now. Maybe once the UN is built, you could enable this "multipact" feature. Interesting for Cold Wars, with trade embargoes and whatnot. The AI is pretty aggressive, though, so you'd just end up in a neverending world war.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Well, it's not too far from that now. Maybe once the UN is built, you could enable this "multipact" feature. Interesting for Cold Wars, with trade embargoes and whatnot. The AI is pretty aggressive, though, so you'd just end up in a neverending world war.

-Arrian
        Not if there were a few new diplomacy options thrown in. Like a civ in the bloc would have to have the other civ's approval before declaring war, and the possibillity of averting that war diplomatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          How would this be different to the present situation where all civs declare war if their allies are attacked?
          Let me give you an example.
          I have mutal protection with both Russia and USA, if I were attacked, both Russia and USA will declear war.
          But, the relationship between USA dn Russia can be very rough, and sometimes they will fight among themselves, and I'm forced to declear war on who ever attack first.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
          X