Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There should be NO replies to this post if I'm right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be NO replies to this post if I'm right.

Who here IS totally and completely satisfied with the few amount of goverments (as opposed to maybe what we saw in SMAC, ctp, whatever you want) reply to this post and say so.

personally I'm fine with the amount of goverments. There are ways to edit in fascism etc with the editor anyways.

there are other features to the game I don't like.

Comment

I like the government scope in CTP2 so I guess I would lie to see more governments and....

- Fisheries and
      - Advanced fisheries
      - Advance Irrigation
      - Mega Mines etc

this keeps the game competitive and players climbing the ladder of progress.

However... the one thing you can customise in the CIV3 editor is governments.. so you can add your own. And the editor supports a reasonable amount of modifiers to justify new govs.

Of all the lack of scope (and vision) that CIV 3 has.. limiteed choice of govs shoud be of least concern.. at least we can remedy this one!
      ------------------------------------
      Cheers
      Exeter.
      -------------------------------------

Comment

actually, I meant WITHOUT using the editor. some peeps here think using the editor too much (i just use it for grafix only) kills the competition sphere as everyone plays with different rules. others still think that it's cheating!

Anyway, I agree with exeter, not because I'm such a ctp fan, but because I'm a SMACaholic. In SMAC you had normal mines AND boreholes (ie megamines) AND condensors (ie advanced irrigation, refrigeration).

Why FIRAXIS decided to kill all this stuff that were in TWO of their previous products (civ2 and SMAC) is beyond me.

Number of times I've said FIRAXIS should have kept SMAC things in civ3 on any post or topic: 36. Total number of posts: 58

Comment

you're right... i missed the fundamental point of your post!

Why should we need to attack the editor to model a level of scope that the developers should have had.

To be honest i've never played SMAC... but i'm sure I would be frustrated at not seeing a lot of it's functionality in CIV3 (lik eI do with CTP2).

I just don;t think CIV3 encompasses all the thinngs we loved from it's predecessors, SMAC (I'm guessing here) and CTP/2.

While I like CIV3... I should love it. Can't help feeling short-changed.
          ------------------------------------
          Cheers
          Exeter.
          -------------------------------------

Comment

yeah... I sure for most of us here buying civ3 was an anti climax. I want to love it too, it's Sid, it's FIRAXIS, it's Civ for God's sake, but it's also missing.

I still keep on playing though....

Comment

I'm fine with the number of governments. I am disappointed that the ones given are so wussy. I personally think Democracy is a good form of government.

Rik

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                There should be NO replies to this post if I'm right.
                There are several replies. Does that constitute a resolution of your post?

Comment

That constitutes a "failure to communicate"

Comment

I still keep on playing though....

me to, i am really disapointed with civ3, but for some reason i keep playing because i WANT to enjoy it. i cant though

and as for govt.s the ones we got are crap and usless, in civ2 you were did if you stayed in despotism for to long, in civ3, you can stay in it as long as you want and it makes no difference at all, infact, you might as well just stay in it.

and the editor dosnt give enogh choices, like minimal corruption spread communally, we cant do that, so if you want communal you have to have it terrible still. and therer are other things (no way to punish war with out war weariness, yet this is unfair and stupid).
                    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                      me to, i am really disapointed with civ3, but for some reason i keep playing because i WANT to enjoy it. i cant though
                      Kinda like drug addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man

in civ3, you can stay in it (Despotism) as long as you want and it makes no difference at all, infact, you might as well just stay in it.

Despotism gets the standard tile penalty, which makes every other government way better.

I really dont care too much about governments anyways. Even if they added more unless they add in some new things that governments effect they wouldn't be much different. Every government past despotism right now imo is pretty much the same.. Ya you can research a bit faster with Republic and Democracy, or with Communism you get communal corruption but there really isn't much difference.

Comment

but the penalties of despotism arent really penalties. in civ2 you rushed as fast as you could to get out of despotism, other wise you were stuck, in civ3 you can stay in it for way to long ad still be a competitior.
                          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Munroe
                            I really dont care too much about governments anyways. Even if they added more unless they add in some new things that governments effect they wouldn't be much different. Every government past despotism right now imo is pretty much the same.. Ya you can research a bit faster with Republic and Democracy, or with Communism you get communal corruption but there really isn't much difference.
                            A no-lose proposition...nothing like dumbing down the game!
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Civ 3 is a lame duck; I'll have to wait until another developer comes foward and puts out a game that doesn't take backward steps.

With the advancement of technology taking the steps it has in just the last two years, it was very disturbing to see how Civ 3 turned out. This genre of game needs a new 'traiblazer', Firaxis has fallen off of the proverbial horse and is no longer a leader in this category. They kept this game too simple. It looks like they kept the things that were easy to carry over and dropped the ones that would of required more work. Instead of delivering a truly inspiring game, we got an emmisions controlled version of Civ 2 with a new paint job; when I was expecting a completely new car. Civ 2 had four wheels, seats, windshield, steering wheel,........; I expected similar/like items in Civ 3, except I didn't expect them to be dumbed down. I expected an improved version of them and some new fancy stuff. Granteds there was some new stuff (some very nice) but overall, I'm disapointed with the way they made the game. I really wonder if they were all that happy themselves?

Does anyone know of any developer's out there considering(to work)/working on a game in a genre such as the Civilization series of games?

Comment

Working...
                              X