are multiple golden eras possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are multiple golden eras possible?

i was playing Indian and i unexpectedly got my golden age early when i built the colossus...later, i built bunch of war elephants but did not go into war..should i save these elephants for later when i go into war since winning a battle with UU triggers golden age? or would i not get a 2nd golden age?

only one golden age per customer per visit.
    something-or-other WALKS!

Comment

Yes -- they are possible. There is a rare bug that allows it. According to my poll over at Civfanatics, about 15% of people experience it at one time or another.

I've experienced it 4 or 5 times.

Comment

It can happen but it's not supposed too. I got 2 once, I dont know how I did it, I haven't been able to do again....
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I would like to see 2 golden ages as the standard. Once from the UU victory and once from building the appropriate wonder. Some UU come far to early in the game and you are stuck with a golden age to early. With 2 it would be easier to space them out more to the players liking.
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Having a GA by wonder and by UU would be a HUGE (read unbalancing) bennie for the Americans... At least with my play style.

I'd get the wonder GA towards the end of the ancient age with pyramids and colossus. This always fuels an extremely rapid expansion for me.

the next GA wouldn't occur until the civ is a fully develped super power. At which point an extra commerce and shield in every square would just be a monumental flow o' cash and tanks....and pollution

Frankly, I don't see how a victory by a military unit would trigger an era of prosperity. The first time I played the Babs I wasn't paying attention and got my GA with only three cities on the map. I don't build bowmen anymore.
            something-or-other WALKS!

Comment

I have two too, but was with the chinesse.
              Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
              religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I've never had more than one, and I've played a lot. Having two would probaby be unbalancing. Let's see... ok, Egypt. Late ancient ear/early middle ages golden age w/war chariot (all ya gotta do is hold a couple in reserve to hit that leftover AI warrior that's bound to show up), allowing you to nab the key Middle Ages wonders (including the Sistine Chapel), and then a middle-industrial age GA once Hoover is complete (I think that works... Sistine = religious, Hoover = industrious). Now that would be insane.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I've never experienced two...

though I have edited the golden ages to last for 30 turns instead... It's always fun to get more.
                  "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Working...
                  X