Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help Arrian.

I hate not getting leaders with Germans, since Militaristic is the whole reason I'm playing them!

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you guys are just better builders than me, and thus have many more units, leading to many more chances for a leader. My offensives are sometimes a little thin in troops, especially if I'm going mounted instead of combined arms.
    Good = Love, Love = Good
    Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

cant believe ppl find it so hard
      I have 18 in this game and Expect to get many more considering Modern Armour hasnt even been discovered yet!
      Up The Millers

Comment

My god Rothy! 18?!

That is just not my experience at all. I like to think I'm a reasonably smart guy, but I must be missing something. That or just plain bad luck, which with a 1 in 12 chance for a leader is possible I guess.

Waiter! I'll have whatever Rothy is having.
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

viagRex (tm)
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

OK, so I started a game thinking that I'd keep a count of leaders. It really wasn't very hard to keep track, because I've gotten exactly 1.

I'm not terribly disappointed because I've only had one war (embarassed, yes, disappointed, no). I'm leading the histogram by 300 points and the tech race by two techs (not counting dead ends), so I'm not itchy to go to war on another continent.

One good tip came to me from this game that don't think has been mentioned in this thread, pretty much a sure fire way to get an early leader. In your ancient war, save the attack on their capital for later, until after you've got two or three elites promoted. If you take their capital with an elite unit, you have an excellent chance of getting a leader.
            Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Ironikinit,

Are you sure about taking a capitol improving chances for a leader? I think you're right, I just don't know how to confirm it. But the advice is sound, I think.

Nato,

I dunno if my leader generation is luck or skill. I really don't. Like I said, I had a game as the Germans where I just couldn't get a (second) leader, despite fighting a whole lot. That kinda put me off of the militaristic attribute... and I haven't played as a militaristic civ since.

I consider a game with 3-4 leaders a success. That gives me a forbidden palace and 2-3 wonders. If I were a warmonger... well, I think I'd need more to be satisfied.

-Arrian

p.s. Although it's cheating, there is a sure-fire way to get a leader: say you have a stack of troops, vets and elites ready to attack a city. Say you hit that city with a vet, and it gets promoted. Reload the prior turn, do everything the same, EXCEPT for that veteran attack... switch to an elite, hit, and *presto* leader. Someone else figured this out right after Civ III came out, and I tested it - it works. I don't use it, but sometimes (like in that awful German game I had) it's tempting.
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

LEADERS

1. Forbiden palce
                2. Army
                3. Capital
                4,5,6... Wonders
                Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                X